Down on the "Farm"

They are here!!!!

Our 25 newest additions arrived ALIVE this time. Our last order of chicks ordered from the well-reputed Murray McMurray Hatchery did not end so well. We received a box full of adorable, dead chicks. It was quite sad, but thankfully the children were unaware. (Apparently, snowy weather held up the trucks that were to overnight them and thus, there were mass casualties that occured)

But today is a new day, and the box my husband and son brought home from the Post Office was full of the sound of {Peep} Music!! As an aside, our small town is THE BEST. Where else, besides Small Town, USA would one of the mail clerks stop by your home on his lunch break, ring your bell and cheefully inform you that 'your chicks are here! I would have brought them myself, but did not know if you were home or not". Wow, thank you DALE! (and Wanda. She's the classy lady who knows what she's doing behind that postal desk. She's amazing.)

In any case, if you are a bit bored and want to see the arrival of even more little 'peeps' (than the 5 human ones we already have), keep scrolling down!


May I???

Aunt Kimmie was here when we got the 'nod' to pick up our peeps.

A little peep gets a peek.


"Do I have designs for you!"


Anticipation.


Sheer joy.





Hopefully, come summer these cute little critters will provide us with fresh brown eggs. I've pushed any romantic scenes of the children going out with their little pails in the morning to retreive eggs, bare little feet making tracks through the early morning dew to the hen house....no, I'm not that delusional anymore. But it WILL be an experience. Hopefully we all make it out alive!



Thank you so much for caring to stop by the Coffee Cottage. I appreciate you!
"Every GOOD and perfect gift comes from Above."
-James 1:17

Comments

Anonymous said…
how very cute are they. we just did the same. we love getting baby chicks, and trust me the eggs are worth it!

Blessings
THEY'RE ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ooooooh, can't wait to pay you all a visit. the boys will LOVE it!
and will you hang out a sign that says, "eggs for sale"?? ;-)
Missy said…
what an exciting post!
I have always wanted to have my own chickens! sounds like a grand plan.
I would love to bring the kids by to see the chicks...
Would there be an ok day?

Popular Posts