Thankful Today

Today....

...I found Cookie Monster {wearing red goulashes} in my pantry.

...watched as "Blue" had a meltdown over breakfast's bowl of "Clifford Cereal". {You'll notice it's on the floor}


...Entertained a pint-sized princess in our living room.
{She would have both bathed and slept in the fur vest if allowed}



...Visited with one of the reasons I stay sane in this season of life,
the source of countless prayers on my behalf.
Her name is Janet and I am grateful to be her granddaughter.


One never knows what {or who!} a day will hold! I am grateful today held such sweet things.


There is rarely an evening where I do not breathe a prayer of thanks that my husband came home safely, that there is food on our dinner table and that my children are healthy and alive.
Any one of these things could change (a fear I must deal with daily-not so much the food part, but the 'alive and well' part) in a heartbeat...although I know I do sometimes, I am careful to not take them for granted.

Please, if you care to, do tell what things you are most grateful for RIGHT OFF THE TOP OF YOUR HEAD. {Don't think it out. Just whatever immediately pops into your head!}
I'll feature one of the responses in my next post...as I get weary of what I have to say!!!
(
I would like to thank
Amy for the generous bag of hand-me-downs that included a Cookie Monster and Blue's Clues costumes, a tiara, red fire engine goulashes and Fairy wings. They made this itsy bitty corner of the world that much more exciting and imaginative.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am most grateful that my husband comes back tonight after a week long business trip. It sounds a bit cheesy and monotonous as something to be thankful for, but... two weeks after Gwendolyn's birth, my in-laws left to return back to their home (in France) and then Stéphane left me a day later to travel to Japan (of all places). I have been so sleep deprived that I have hallucinated and I think I have about 1/8 teaspoon of patience left in me for my older daughter. The kind of life we have here doesn't allow me to just stay inside the house and not leave, so I have had to be out doing things. And, unfortunately, we don't have a huge circle of family and friends to call on in times of need. All this said, NOT to complain, but rather to say, that I am so, so, SOOOO thankful that my husband gets home tonight!
Erin
P.S. And I am very thankful for your blog that allows me to "escape" my hum-drum life here. :)
Right off the top of my head, I am so thankful for a cookie monster, a blue's clues sweetheart and a blond haired princess with two little brothers. Loved the picture and words of you and grandma. What a special lady she is! She called last evening to tell me what a delightful and relaxed visit she had with you. I think she was surprised at the peacefulness that existed in the given hour that she was there.
Debbie said…
I am most thankful for my salvation and relationship with my Lord Jesus Christ. I can trust Him with all of the other things that life hands me. I can depend on Him for the lives and safety of my two precious daughters. I've learned to put them in His hands and to pray for them daily. Before I was a believer, I worried and tried to control things, which I could not.
Since I've learned Who is in control and the great love that He has for us, my life has become so much better:)
Debbie
I am thankful that I have a son and a husband that loves him to pieces. My mom said last night you never know what kind of father your husband will be until you have children, and that's definitely true. But he's a better parent than I could imagine at times and it's so amazing to see how he interacts with Luke. In the crazy messed up world we live in, God has granted me a bit a heaven...a warm home with a husband I love and a small boy who dotes on us =: ) My prayer is that I will look to my Father in heaven as much as Luke looks to us for love and his daily needs.
Barbara said…
Such a dear post, it is great to see how many wonderful ladies there is online, thanks for sharing, Barbara
Anonymous said…
I am thankful that our God always takes care of me. I am thankful that all those in my family are healthy (and I am not talking about the colds we all have but truly healthy). I am thankful that the sunshine is bright and the sky is blue and that perhaps it will begin to melt all this snow.

Loved the pictures...there wasn't a day that went by that my daughter didn't dress up when she was young...so cute!

Blessings,
Joyce Marie
Jena said…
My Husband!!!

ps- I have a giveaway at my blog that ends tonight at midnight!
Linda said…
I am thankful for spring break because my youngest son is home and adding his own wonderful brand of humor to our household.
Jana said…
I'm glad I know the Miller family!

Popular Posts