A Woman's Work....

A woman's work is never done.

The voice is my mother's whenever I hear that phrase echo through my mind. I heard it many a time and now I know it to be 100% true.
Pardon me for a break in blogging, but since the weather broke, it seems that energy levels have increased (in the children), there are more dirty clothes and in general, this past week has been non-stop!

There are always.....

Memories to be made...
Disagreements to work out amongst each other...
(She suddenly decided she would rather not be the passenger. He cannot figure out why and is frustrated she will not cooperate. Welcome to the world of women, son. Save yourself the stress-do not attempt to understand. Just go with it and be on your merry way. And please, please do not tattle.)
Toes to tuck back in place....


Laundry on the line {saves pennies, smells like sunshine.}


Dinner to be scrounged up, dished out and put away...

"All great change in America begins around the dinner table."
-Ronald Reagan


Friends {and in this case, a related one!} to enjoy...


Swings to be swung {that may or may not be a word. I do not care either way}...


Early morning snuggles to be enjoyed...


Mantra's to be repeated...


Dessert residue to be removed...


Prospective laundry being revealed before, during and after every meal...



Parties to be planned...
Well, there is rarely a party to be planned in my world, but this week was different. Stay tuned for more on the Dutch Blitz Bonanza that was held at our home last evening. Any work that went into it paled in comparison to the fun that was had. I am grateful for the opportunity I had to whip out my untouched {for some time} love of party planning and for the number of women who, by their very presence, made the end of this week a highlight of this Spring so far!



Thank you for "stopping by" this little Coffee Cottage,
which has hardly been 'bustling' like my real life home.


Comments

Debbie said…
I actually felt guilty for wondering where you were. I don't know how you do it! Glad the weather has improved and everyone can enjoy the outdoors. Also, glad you had a good time with your card playing friends:)
Debbie
Linda said…
I love the picture of the brightly colored laundry! I used to say that mantra "a woman's work..." to my sons, too! I felt just in case they weren't aware of it, I'd let them know for sure by saying it at least once a week! haha
ajwatson722 said…
I love these pics! I want to be there to play with them...and I will be very soon! And I wish I had a clothes line...love the smell of sun dried clothes!
Terri said…
ha! I knew you were up to something important when you took a little break here! I should have known it was weather/energy related! You certainly do have your share of woman's work...and you do it so well! Enjoy the days ahead...apparently another whirl of warm weather is headed our way!
i loved this post. all the little peeks into your world! and i'm so glad i'm not the only one who "scrounges" up dinner! oh my gosh, it's 11:23 pm. morning will be here before i can sleep a decent set of hours! oh dear, WHY do i do this to myself????
good night dear friend!
xoxo

Popular Posts