Weather or Not....

"Snowdrops" lovingly planted by this home's previous dwellers,
now enjoyed by the current ones.


If we mere mortals had even the smallest bit of leverage in controlling the weather,
Imagine the stories that would make headlines in the Local section of your newspapers:


"Roy Finklestein of Hinkletown was severely
injured early Sunday morning, when in a
desperate attempt to salvage his corn crop,
performed his rain dance so convincingly
the skies opened up almost immediately.
Louetta Finklestein, wife of Roy and President
of the Hinkletown Church Picnic Planning
Committe was found with a meat pulvurizer
tightly clutched in her shaking hands.
The picnic, a well-attended, beloved community
event was scheduled for Sunday.
Mr. Finklestein has been released from the
hospital, but is still recovering from the pain
from his pulverized 'meat'. No charges have been
filed against Mrs. Finklestein. Yet.


*****

Being a happy subscriber to the social networking site, Facebook, I find it interesting the passionate, weather forecast-induced 'status updates' that propogate upon the first hint of coming snow. There one can read the full spectrum: from the snide snow haters to the blatant blizzard-lovers...yet there is nothing anyone can do about it. I almost think Facebook could charge a therapy-fee for the ability for people to emote over their weather woes and joys.




As for me and my household...


A weekend anniversary trip was cancelled due to the weather, but that is ok. Being with my husband is such a treat, the surroundings really are secondary. My sweet parents and sister offered to still take the children and so as early as we could humanly make it happen (without wanting to seem as though we were TOO eager to drop them off. at the doorstep. in their pajamas.), my husband took the oldest three to their grandparents. If they knew to say it, I'm almost certain my husband would have heard "don't let the door slam behind you on the way out!" from our children. They LOVE going there. And now it's a quiet day with just the twins, who are about the sweetest little guys you'd ever want to meet.


Before I close this visit,

I want to share with you this picture I took when I came home from the grocery store this afternoon. This is my husband with the twin who is named after his greatly-loved {and missed} father, who has resided in Heaven for the past 3 years. They were both enjoying a sound and peaceful sleep.

Where ever you are, whatever the weather, I wish you a day full-to-the-brim with peace and contement. Thank you so much for dropping by!!


Comments

Debbie said…
So sorry about your plans. You're right, we have no control at all!
Debbie
You took the change of plans that you were looking so forward too, most graciously. And, once again you made me laugh at this post, with your fictitious people asking God for their weather requests. It is so true though, that we are not in control with our prayers. Right now your three are in bed and sound asleep. They are so precious!

The last picture of father and son asleep is priceless!
Jana said…
Aw, such a sweet photo. Thanks for keeping us updated, Jeane'.

Popular Posts