6 Years


So it wasn't the weekend we had planned for, but since when does life turn out exactly (or even close to!) what one has 'planned'? As is the case in many instances, what was was 'unplanned' turned out to be even sweeter in hindsight. (Plus we saved much-needed money for the diaper fund! See? There is always a silver...er, elastic, lining!)

The Anniversary Dinner: The table reserved just for us at the ultra-exclusive Home Di'La Sweet Home. My husband was able to watch the 'chef' create his favorite meal right before his very eyes! (And no, Aunt Lou, I am not writing metaphorically here!!) In other words, we dined at our favorite spot on earth.


We do not have an anniversary day to celebrate this year, as it only occurs once every four years. We were married February 29, 2004. My soon-to-be husband thought it was a brilliant way out of needing to remember every year, but thankfully was wise enough to reconsider that particular 'brilliant' idea. We almost always make each other cards, and in my humble thinking, those are always the best.


Leisurely moments in the morning + A productive afternoon + Little interruption = A Good Day!


A Good Day...that it was! After dropping our little twin treasures off at their grandparent's, joining their siblings who had spent the night, my husband and I headed to one of my very favorite breakfast places. (I say "one", only because there is another special place near and dear to my heart that I love to enjoy the first meal of the day at!).



If this picture weren't so blurry, you would see cozy lighting, adorable curtains, coffee cups lining the windows...all beckoning the early riser to come in and take a load off...
(and in the summer, those window boxes are overflowing with bright bursts of color).


Well, a cheery Good Morning to you too!
Oh that my staff here at home would write so charmingly on our black dry erase board, and provide such savory selections for breakfast.
As the tired old cliche goes, it's so hard to find good help.
(Especially when you're all that you've got!!)



I found it fitting, this mug's mantra sitting next to me (especially the first part).

Any place that serves 1.) Kona Coffee as their 'standard' cup and 2.) provides flavored creamers along with the plain is my 'favorite place'.

My husband just LOVES pictures, estatic when he's in them...and especially so when i impose upon perfect strangers to take them.

Ok, maybe not. Definitely not.

But he sure does love me...And that is why he is sitting there at the boutique breakfast nook (which he did honestly enjoy), smiling at the camera...knowing full well this would probably end up on The Coffee Cottage.


On our way home, we stopped by the venue that held our elegant wedding reception. We climbed the winding stairs to the entrance of the banquet room, the same crystal chandelier overhead and the scenes of a special evening flitting through our minds...

....Introducing, for the first time in public, Mr. and Mrs....

And there we stood again today. Only today we were standing at the threshold of the local GOODWILL store. Yup, they turned that gorgeous place into a massive maize of used-treasures. Curt offered to dance with me on the dance floor, but we would have bumped into too many coat racks. Thankfully, we both enjoy searching for treasures at Goodwill and we found some great stuff! (I'll share that with you in another post).

When I picked up the children at my parents this afternoon, I could almost hear their exhausted sighs as I pulled out of the development. ONLY grandparents (or kind aunties) would volunteer to take 5 children under age 3 for a weekend...and I am quite certain they are on their knees thanking the good Lord above for the snow that kept the weekend shorter than it might have been! {*I guess I should wait to ask them about the couple's month-long African safari that we're about to book.} Bless their hearts...the children love them so much, and I am so grateful for them! *in case you don't know me, this occurring would be as likely as the sun rising in the west.



I would like to end with this one last public declaration, if I may (& if you would rather not read, you are dismissed! This is really for my husband anyway!):



February 29, 2004, for all the festivities and fun it held, was the day in my personal history in which I made the BEST decision I have ever made. I am deeply grateful to God for this man who, the longer I live with, the more I admire, the more I respect and the more I love.


You have my heart, my love, my loyalty.

You are my hero.

Cira 2004



Comments

Loved this post....and what a story. Happy Anniversary
Marilou said…
Congratulations, Curt and Jeane, on 6 lovely, fun, exciting, entertaining, wonderful years togther! May you have LOADSSSSSSSS more to enjoy and may you stay sane enough to enjoy them! :) God has blessed you beyond measure!

Love you both,
Aunt Lou

oh and P.S....not sure WHAT you were referring to in your post, I mean, I am NOT the sort to read into things...I only take things at face value! You must have me confused with another Aunt! :)
ajwatson722 said…
Congrats on 6 years! I am so happy you found each other! Love you both!
By the way, you both look just as good in the "today" pic as the "6 years ago" pic. I know it's only been six years, but with five children in the mix, I would think you might look just a little older!
Laurel Greer said…
ohhhhhh I LOVED that. Thank you for letting us be part of your special day--and for sharing your love and respect for your husband :)
Wanda said…
CONGRATULATIONS! SIX fabulous years of marital bliss! It's hard to believe, but Jerad and I will be celebrating 10 years this June 17! Time flies! Of course, when you're in the changing oodles of diapers stage of life, it may seem like the days are long, but remember...the years are short!

Love and CONGRADS!
Wanda
Jena said…
Congrats Jeane'!!! so funny, so I saw you on your anniversary?
I called Janelle and told her, "I just met your friend Jeane' at Target, and she is just BEAUTIFUL!!! totally glowing and lovely:)
Jen said…
Happy Anniversary Curt & Jeane!! You are both beautiful old souls meant for eachother. It was my honor to stand with you on that special day. And on a shallow note, your bridesmaid dress was hands down the most flattering I've ever worn. Thank you for the gift of no up-do's and a striking color against my skin. Love you!
i remember well the first time you introduced me to the hershey pantry! a wonderful birthday breakfast!

a goodwill??? oh my word! I can just see Curt now wanting to twirl you around the coat racks!!

May the next 6 years of your life be filled with SWEET MEMORY MAKING TIMES....i'm sure it will be so!!

p.s. i was going to call you and tell you what Jena told me when she saw you! Yes, BEAUTIFUL AND GLOWING....that's YOU!!!!!!

xoxo
betsyesbenshade said…
Congrats to you both. What a blessing and joy to see what God has done in your lives. Celebrating at one of my favorite places, too!!

Popular Posts