Vintage Vignettes

There has only been 1 Creative Memory page (not even an album) made by my hands.


Any attempt at needle pointing, crocheting and anything good thing that involves a teensy needle and long stretches of concentration has never ended well for me. {To be honest, those projects never 'ended'. They just accumulated dust after the 15th stitch.}


I run long and hard from any project involved more than 2-maybe 3-steps .


HOWEVER...


I do enjoy putzing around the place i spend 99.5% of my time, pulling together little "vintage vignettes". I do not have a sizable 'home decor' budget, nor would I want one (honestly), because to me, it is far more fun to create 'home' with as little money and with as much love as possible!


Here are a few of the little corners of my kitchen that I have enjoyed 'cozy-ing up' with items that where either kindly given to me, passed down or purchased at an antique flea market.


The picture below is my 'coffee corner', where the first sip of heavenly goodness awaits me each morning...and i never take it for granted! There were unsightly cords hanging down which i wanted covered...and thanks to the darling little dishtowel my Auntie gave to me, they are seen no more!

You might remember that old tray I found at a barn sale a few weeks ago. With super-industrial strength Velcro, I hung it on the wall. I'm crossing my fingers it will not come down with a bang in the middle of the night and create a need for Depends. I hung pictures from magazines that take me to another place (a micro-vacation) when I desperately need it. If the slanted birdfeeder outside the window caught your attention, it is courtesy of my handsome 15 year old stepson who somehow lost control and mowed right into it (while I was watching with admiration).
I am quite tickled with the $10 tablecloth I found at the flea market...along with the generously sized salt and pepper shakers. I enjoyed a nice cup of coffee with my imaginary friend yesterday afternoon while the children were napping, glass coffee cups provided lovingly by my REAL friend, Janelle.

I have had this "Sand Dollar" sign for a long, long time. It never grows old. This little grouping is on top of my corner cabinet (given to us for not a penny! Thank you, Lord!). My mom found these beautifully bright red LIT plum branches! She lent me her old crock and wha-la! What prettiness, don't you think?

Thank you for bearing with a boring post (if you made it to the end).
I do hope this is the beginning of a GREAT week for you.
Warmly,
Jeane`

Comments

Marilou said…
Jeane! I LOVE you beautiful vintage touches, you have made your house a HOME with all of your special enhancements! And i MUST meet your imaginary friend...Im always in the market for some new ones! :) love you!
Auntie Lou
You have now become my new favorite "Vignette Queen"! You definitely have a knack for this venture, and I highly recommend that you continue on in this decorating venture. What a beautiful post and new blog decor you have created! I am amazed at your talent. I find myself looking forward to every new post that you create.

Love you!
Mom
Debbie said…
I'm not bored at all. I love your cozy coffee corner and the idea of covering unsightly cords is a good one! You have a talent for collecting good things and arranging them. Love the jade coffee cup! Can I borrow your imaginary friend? I need someone to have coffee with first thing in the morning without makeup in a tacky houserobe:)
Happy@Home said…
Boring??? Not a chance!! Your delightful sense of humor coupled with your talents for creating beautiful kitchen vignettes made for a most enjoyable read. Covering your cords with that pretty towel is a very clever idea and the entire coffee corner is dreamy. I would love to wake up to that every morning. When you aren't having a coffee klatch with your imaginary friend I could picture you and your mom sitting together enjoying a cuppa at the pretty table you set :-)
One last thing, your header picture and entire blog looks is gorgeous.
your "real" friend janelle here....oh, i was transported for a moment....i love your home and i love you and i miss you. remember when we use to write each other long, beautiful, hand-written letters?? those were the days!!!
xoxo from lancaster ave.

Popular Posts