Morning Mayhem

Good Morning, friend...


In the spirit of my desire to keep this blog 'real', I am going to give any of you who are silly enough to want a peek, a view into my Monday morning.


Perhaps, just perhaps, it will cause you to view yours as levels more peaceful than you did before visiting my blog. Or perhaps you'll think 'that's nothing----you should have seen MY morning".


Whatever the case may be, thank you for dropping by the Coffee Cottage this morning.


There is a cool, damp steady rain beating softly on our tin roof, children running wild and yet I find my mind turning over little nuggets of Truth that I feel God is whispering to me in the midst of this chaos {and I didn't even open my Bible this morning! Imagine that! He takes care of His own right where they are at}. More on my thoughts later--whenever it is they come together for me, and I have the space to type them out.


A Pictorial Journal
(with a few captions) of my
Monday Morning Mayhem



Tackiness reigns supreme!
They sniffed out a tacky 'wall art' decoration I bought & stashed for their 'birthday week' (which is mid-summer for the eldest 2), opened it, brought it to me, and begged me to hang them up (Diego & Tico are gracing the kitchen doorway).
It's a rainy Monday morning, I'm fresh out of crafty ideas (ok, not 'fresh', it's been WEEKS)...
so why the heck not????

Beyond the curtain.
(calling all sofa cushions, random quilts/blankets and table leaves!HELP!)

Perfectly coordinated
My sweet little men, tucked away to safety in their vintage 'play pen'
(why, oh, why did they stop manufacturing these?!?!! I am so grateful to have 'older' friends who still have these in their attics!)

The maid/nanny/butler/cook/laundress/nurse/hesitant referee.
{poorly wearing her Wal-Mart clearance shorts that should only be worn by a 14 year old girl. as pajamas}.


Treasures in the Trash.
Yes. That is what you think it is. And mere seconds before, as I turned the corner, I saw it coming out of her MOUTH. Grosser than gross. I nearly gagged for her. Note to self: include tampon casing IN with all other 'undesirables' in toilet paper wad. This would also reveal the reason I've been such an ' i t c h' (pick a random letter, any letter, to start that word with and it will fit) this week.


"Mommy, she's trying to wiping my heiney!!!!"
Sometimes being a 'helper' is not a good thing. And sometimes, it's hard to understand just exactly how a headband works.
* I am half-heartedly potty training. If she asks, I'll sit her on. For the record, the little one was quickly whisked away and the elder given proper privacy.



There it is.


It is what it is.


And you know what I just realized? It's Tuesday. Not Monday.

Are we in May????? Who's President???


Here's to you, my fellow women who are knee-deep in the thankless dailyness of keeping a home humming. I raise my mug of cold coffee to you!
Blessings....
J.



Comments

Peter and Kim said…
THIS IS GREAT, Jeane!!! THanks for being REAL! (THat's what keeps me coming back to your cottage! Who wants to read about people who have it all together?!?!) Hang in there, Mama! I have a great email I will forward to you in a minute...dailyness of life, what our King has called us to!
Blessings my friend!
Tracy said…
As I sit here awaiting graduation practice for my college age son in the local Panera, I can't help but giggle uncontrollably at these photos. You are the woman, my friend...you are the woman. I find your "realness" so incredibly refreshing. = ) Love it!
Laurel Greer said…
OHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO! That is toooooo funny. Will definitely be thinking about that for the rest of this dreary, rainy day!!!
I had lunch at your previous place of employment, and your boss said how she wished that you would have come along with your little ones. She could not possibly imagine the route that your life has taken since you left. She still has the corporate suit on and looks beautiful, but I know without a doubt you would never trade your life now, for your life back then. This post could have been written by many women in your same shoes, but I must admit...humor sure does add a lot to it all. Thanks for the laughter today. And, thanks for loving and caring for those precious little ones, like you do...potty training and all. You are a great mother to them!
Debbie said…
While some of those things hit a chord of memory in me, I can't remember them happening all at once as yours has. I hope you're taking vitamins. If you're giving them to your kids, stop! They're way ahead of you! I'd nominate you for sainthood, but I'm not Catholic. I may anyway:)
Debbie
Laurel Greer said…
so I had to RETURN to the "Cottage" today to re-read this. Still CRACKING up. THANK YOU!!!!
Marian said…
Thank you for being real. I have 3 little kids and I think that I'm busy. Thanks for grounding me. Love your blog.
ajwatson722 said…
Thank you for satisfying new post desire! This cracked me up! And I can't help but remember all those times you built very similar forts for Kim and me when we were little. Those kids are going to have great imaginations! Thank you for making me feel part of your day from thousands of miles away! Love you!
i'm gagging for YOU!! i loved this post and all it's "realness" and i raise my cold cup of *coffee*, yes, coffee....to you as well!!
xoxo
Terri said…
OH, MY!! I'm still smiling after reading this. Hats off to you, girl! Your sense of humor is priceless as you walk these years w/teeny kids. As I've said before, all too soon they'll be grown and you'll be yearning for the years they were all together under your roof. Enjoy the joy of the moment..pour more coffee, it'll seem even better!
Kirsten said…
Oh, Jeane, this made me laugh until I cried. I love your "warts and all" approach to blog writing. If I lived closer, I'd bring you a cup of hot coffee! After, of course, I wipe the boogers off the wall and confiscate my digital camera from two little boys, who're using it to take pictures of their butts.

Popular Posts