Love and War

This Monday morning Little People (and I speak not of the kind people of smaller stature among us, but rather those round, neck less Fisher Price individuals) are causing dissension among the ranks. We have about 30 of them, but somehow only 5 can be located and are suddenly in high demand.


Yesterday, it was THE 'purple' swing that had each of their heart's desire written all over it.
(while there were 3 vacant red ones waiting to be swung upon).


The day before, a pink plastic headband (among the gals) ignited such blood curdling screams, I thought for sure bones where snapped in half.


I can't imagine the twins and their need for instant gratification brought into the mix.
I will, though, soon enough. They are already 'army crawling' across the living room floor, sometimes going after the same rattle.


Refereeing is not something I do quickly. Most often I watch them work it out amongst themselves. However, there is a time and place for intervention...usually when I see blood about to be drawn. (Go ahead, scribble down my name for "Mother of the Year" nomination).


This is a reality that anyone who has or knows of children, can understand.


There are moments, however, that are void of strife. A few of these moments (and sometimes it's nano-seconds that I am fortunate to catch on camera) can be seen below:


Fake Lemon Toss
{See how many fake lemons mama bought at Marshall's for a centerpiece can make it into the bucket. Yes, I was desperate for fun. Thankfully, they bit the bait. Ok...maybe the gig is up. I am noticing just now that they are watching the TV!!!! Why did I have it on? Maybe it's because the children have grown (too) close to their 'nanny' and are sad when she's not on.}

Toilet Paper Towers

{This was a huge hit. Who knew??!?! Thank you, God, for individually wrapped tp from Costco!}

Toe Nail Painting Party
{we always feel a tad bit happier with 10 painted toes}



Tractor Pulls
{with neighbor friends. One amongst the group helped themselves to the strawberry patch. Hmmm....wonder which one???}


All is fair in love and war...that is how the saying goes. I, for one, beg to differ.
Not all is fair, and around here, love and "war" are in constant contest.


I am here to help facilitate more 'wins' for love and less causalities of 'war'.
Dear God, I need and thank you for your help~


(and now I must go, for I facilitate much more effectively when I am clean, clothed and can see).

Comments

Spending the evening at your home last evening was once again a reminder of the truth of this post today. Everytime I leave after a visit, I am more amazed than ever at how you and your husband manage this feat God has blessed you with. You forgot to mention the beautiful wooden fence that your husband and son built around the property, the huge amount of "free" mulch that you all distributed in the flower beds and playground this weekend, and the triple portion of strawberry jelly you made. Really, this refereeing portion and time occupying ideas are just bits and pieces of the whole process, and all of this with painted toenails. You could write a book on "time management skills". I loved the visit. Great post!
Anonymous said…
we too have done the "Tower of toilet paper", until it turns ugly and it is "open the paper, pull it out, rip it and put it in every crack of the house!"
urg.
Debbie said…
Yes, yes, but the question is; where can we get those shoes and a pair of those pants?
Deb ;D
Heather (Moore) Sherman said…
Jeane, your posts constantly make me smile!!! Thank you for sharing your daily struggles (and triumphs) in this way!

Heather

Popular Posts