You. Poo. Magic Bars.

I just want to let you know how much you, my friends whom I know personally and those who I have met through the Coffee Cottage mean to me.
The time you make to bounce back thoughts or words you write that water my heart are all appreciated...probably more than you know.

I wish Blogger allowed for me to email individual responses to individual comments, but alas, it does not (that I am aware of anyway). It has been on my mind to create a way to either introduce you to or introduce to you those whose names (some with blogs of their own, some without) I look forward to seeing when I open what I consider my 'mailbox' ("Dashboard"...the place where comments are retrieved).

Thus, on the side bar of this blog, if you scroll down a tad, you will see "Sharing A Cup With..." and weekly (or as I am able), I will bring out those commenter's whom I've had the privilege of meeting, and thus have become friends with, out into the light!
You are all very special to me, and it is important to me to share your wonderfulness.

***
Excuse me. The buzzer just went off. The Magic Bars are ready.

***

If you've never made Magic Bars, I highly suggest you put that on your "Bucket List" and promptly check it off. I will share the recipe with you, only after I force you to read that I made these for myself as a reward for surviving the third consecutive day of five children with what one might call 'the runs' (i can't spell the proper term, nor do i feel like reading it). Five little hiney's out of control. Meaning, I got to clean up large amounts of human waste on various household and bodily surfaces all by myself today (gratefully, my helpful husband was here for the first two days. Single moms out there, I AM A WIMP. I know it. I do not even know how you do it).

HOWEVER...The good news of the day was:

We have a mini carpet shampooer, which became my third arm today.
The children do not appear to be 'sick'. They are able to play and fight as normal.
There was no vomiting involved (and I might as well share right here and now, just so we are clear: any mother who sends their child to play with mine while knowing they may be a carrier of the stomach (24 hour) bug might as well roundhouse kick me in the face. Several times. I will gladly take children in with snotty noses, congested wheezing and eyes that are pink WAY, way, WAY over those who have stomach bugs to share. If they sent them unknowningly, I will have the heart to forgive. In five years. ;) I have no idea where this current  'runny poo' virus came from, as we've been at home for the past week...and I do not care. It is a small, daily inconvenience. It is NOT a child in a hospital bed. I kept telling myself this when I felt my blood pressure rising at the sight of my son's suddenly frozen features, indicating that indeed, another clothes/socks/underwear extraction was in short order. I felt badly for his little masculine pride, as by the end of the day I had him wearing his sister's Dora Pull-Ups. Yet still, by dusk I was seriously wondering how many more dirty little hiney holes wipings I could endure without snapping.


Aren't you glad you stopped by?


I am just all class, aren't I? {Ahem}.To make up for blatant references of 'crap' you've had to put up with here tonight, grab a pencil and jot down this old-as-the-hills recipe, make it and make yourself happy..even if you only take two bites and give away the rest. They are, after all, magical. They can help you forget the 'crap' of the day.

MAGIC BARS

1/2 cup butter
1.5 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 oz.) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
1 cup chopped nuts (i like pecans)

Preheat oven to 350. (Have your butler draw you a warm, aromatic bath) In 13x9 baking pan, melt butter in oven. After melted, sprinkle crumbs evenly over butter. (Make sure the butler has lit all the candles surrounding your extra-large jet powered whirlpool tub). Layer remaining ingredients; press down firmly. Set the timer for  25 minutes and slip into the warm bath waters. Have your butler deliver it to you after it has slightly cooled, but is still sufficiently warm and gooey.

The bath plus the magic bars should prove to be a winning combination at closing a crappy day on a high note. Butler optional.

(That's my plan, anyway. I'll let you know how it works).



Comments

Jeane'~~~what a CREATIVE & UNIQUE way to honor those that you love!! I'm anticipating meeting your *friends*. I hope this bug hits the road soon.....here's to better days ahead and nice, deep bath!!! Love from Lancaster Avenue. xoxo.
Anonymous said…
Jeane,

Thank you so much for your sweet comments and for highlighting me on your sidebar:) Getting to know you through your blog has been such a blessing to me. You are so thoughtful of others! I still am so touched that you were thinking of me and wrote me an email, and it turned out to be that you were thinking of me on my birthday. How cool is that! You are proof that the Lord blesses us in magical ways.

I showed my son and my husband your sidebar feature of me, and my son hollers to his sister, "Come see--Mom's on the Internet!"

Thank you for your kind words:) The coffee cottage is a special place to be--because of you.

I hope the "bug" goes away soon:) As we always say, "This too shall pass":)

Love,
Debi in MN (where is it is snowing and raining today:)
Anonymous said…
Wow Jeane you've been through the wring with the lil bug that got your little ones. So sorry that's it's got all five of them.
May tomorrow be a better day, I will send a prayer out for you.

God bless and you need to truly enjoy one of those magic cookie bars.

Viola
Anonymous said…
my mom makes these holiday magic bars every holiday season and they are AMAZING! Enjoy!
Best to you all!
Doris said…
A huge smile is on my face and once again, your words cause me to reminisce about the days when I had little ones. I love your humor. Taking care of sick kids is overwhelming at best. I pray they are on the road to good health!

I will try those bars.....after I get to a grocery store to get the missing items form my storehouse =)

Blessings to you!
Rachel said…
oh no!! i'm so sorry for the runs! it almost makes my stomach queasy to think of it, and to think of you cleaning up one crap after the next! and, i am right there with you on the 'if someone brings that into my house' thing. NOTHING makes me more furious than a mother who brings her kid into my home and non-chalantly mentions that they've been puking their guts up only 30 minutes ago, but now it seems to be over. GRRRR!!!

2 more comments,and then i must run....
i LOVE the sharing a cup with thing!! how great of you to do such a thing!
and, the magic bars. (deep guteral (is that a word) sigh) i love those things, but oh, the flab i will surely pack on if i make them...i mean if i make them and eat them. they are soooo good!!

saying a little prayer for you right now that the day is free of crap!!
♥~R
Sarah said…
What a great way to introduce us to your friends and some of their blogs..I love a good blog..hence the reason I pop over here daily:)

Praying the poo is done and you have a better week!!

Thanks also for the recipe..although I may think of poo every time I make them!? :O)
Anonymous said…
thanks for the laugh this morning!!! cant get enough of it. :) and thanks for the recipe. after your previous post, i decided i want to share something with my neighbor. so this, looks like a winner to me! Have a wonderful 'crap-free' day ;)
liz y in OHIO
Love those magic bars...they are my go-to recipe for fellowship meals at our church. And about all of that crap...thank the Lord today is a new day and hopefully one with firmer stools!!!
Test said…
Hey, here is a post about a different commenting system you can add called Disqus. It allows you to e-mail back your readers and for your readers to be able to follow along wih the comments. I don't know how tech savy you are (I'm not very) but I was able to pull it off. http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/2010/02/behind-scenes-disqus-commenting.html

Popular Posts