Thanksgiving Photo Album


On this Thanksgiving Day, there are many reasons for which to be grateful. Many far deeper than I have time (or energy!) to share on here at this moment. For now, I'll keep it simple but sincere.


My heart is thankful for:



...Little chubby hands willing to help make dinner rolls.



...20 little toes to clip and polish while watching
Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade


...The child who, just like I used to, becomes overwhelmed with the desire to dance when watching aforementioned parade, with all it's energetic dance teams & band numbers.


...A husband who directs the children to help clean up.
(And by clean, I mean really clean).

...inexpensive, but fetching plates and napkins to warm up the table, courtesy of Target.


...the FIVE DOLLAR arrangement that I bought at the farm where I buy our milk.
(I still cannot believe it was only five buckeroos!).



 ...A table filled with plates for people I love more than myself and food to place before them, not just to enjoy but to give nourishment.


...Costco's Instant Mashed Potatoes.
They taste good, and they passed 'inspection' from my dear friend who values good, healthful food!
(ingredients: potatoes, sea salt, butter).



 ...Traditions.
It might not taste like heaven, but to my husband, it isn't Thanksgiving without it.


...The man who changed my life, in the best of ways.
He has had to learn live life with a Sanguine woman, and while that can present it's challenges for a melancholy man (as it did this morning. ahem.), he loves me so well through it all!


...My mama, who loves these little girls so well (and me too!)



...Even though they get away with FAR more
than I ever did!!!
("Jeane`, she's just tired! Really. I can tell..." as my daughter-who slept for three hours this afternoon- is throwing a complete hissy fit/temper tantrum through the end of our Thanksgiving feast, repeatedly pulling my mom's pearly white shirt sleeve with her cranberry sauce covered hands. See evidence below on once-white sleeve.)


...For the miracle of two little boys who entered our world at the same time, and all the beautiful repercussions that come with it.


...For a country that is still, at this moment, free.
I do sometimes fear for my children's future, as I cannot see it looking like the peaceful, fruitful one I want.

And yet...

God is Love. And He is Strong. And He both loves and protects my children better than I could ever hope to.




I also am grateful to be able to share a little of my life with you (and I am picturing as many of you that I know take time to read as I write this!).

Thank you for caring to stop by the Coffee Cottage!

 


Comments

Diana B. said…
I, along with many others, am THANKFUL for your blogs - which help me reflect upon life, faith, and help me remember a time not too long ago (was it yesterday?) when my son's chubby little hands helped me at dinner. Now, his hands bigger than mine and standing a half inch taller than me (sans heels) I can capture some of the memories through your current lens.

Love you Jeane'!
Marilou said…
We ARE birds of a feather, Jeane! We chose the same plates and napkins from Target! :) What a perfectly lovely Thanksgiving you created for your darling family! It was SO fun to visit with you and your kiddos on Tuesday! Love you ALL!!

Aunt Lou
We had the very special privilege of sitting at that beautiful table, eating turkey that we could cut with a fork, seeing the excitement on each of the little faces,and observing the family life of a beautiful and deeply loved family. We felt so blessed to be a part of a Thanksgiving meal we will never forget. And, by the way dear daughter, someday you will be a grandma and I promise you that you will be making excuses for your little grandchildren too...mark my words. When your little grandchild reaches for your arm and gets cranberry sauce all over it, remember me when you say, "that is okay." I know it will happen to you...I know.
Marian said…
Love it! Happy Thanksgiving to you! I'm so glad you made the choice to 'pause' and enjoy what's today...at home...with your family that got the right amount of sleep prior to festivities (aahhh 3 hour naps, sounds good to me!)
Anonymous said…
Jeane,
I loved reading your blog tonight. Love the paper goods from Target. How wonderful that your were able to stay in your own cozy house with all your little ones underfoot. Girl, you just created a special wonderful memory.
Oh my gosh you and your Mom are beautiful women.
Thank you for sharing your Thanksgiving photo's.

God bless, Viola over at www.alongawidowedroad.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Hello Jeane,

I'm glad to hear that your first Thanksgiving in your home was a success! Like other readers, I almost bought those same plates at Target!

Blessings to you and your family. A thankful heart is a true treasure! We all have so much to be thankful for--especially our families, our faith, and our health.

Hugs,
Debi in MN
Doris said…
Beautiful, just beautiful! Every single bit of this post =)
Jen said…
Thanks for sharing a slice of your beautiful day! You are such a gift to your family - what wonderful cozy memories you are creating. You look AMAZING as always too. :-) Love you!

Popular Posts