Right now.

Our home's original commode. I, for one, am thankful it's been replaced!

Happy November 1st, my friend~

Is it just me, or has 2010 been the fastest year ever? I feel funny writing that, as during this year there have been moments  that felt like they held three hundred and sixty five days within their twenty-four hour brackets. As they say "The days are long, but the years fly by".

Right now, as I type, I can hear my two year old (who thinks she is 15) 'shush-ing' the twins who are talking to each other in their cribs as they often do in the morning (one of my favorite sounds).

Right now, as I type, there is a moutain on the floor above me, that looks almost identical to this one:


Right now, as I type, the candle given to me by a dear friend is burning it's warm, spicy Harvest scent on my kitchen's window sill.


Right now, as I type, I hear a little tinkling splashing the porcelin throne upstairs. As my four year old informs his sisters "I'm going pee. That's what boys do when they wake up".

{**Insert several minutes**}

Right now, as I type, this is the scene in my kitchen (minus one sleepyhead):


I love to see what 'pajama's' the girls are wearing when daddy is the one to put them to bed (i was enjoying FUN at my cousin's birthday party last night). These size 7-10 were too big for her big sister, but apparently she insisted going to bed with them.


Oh, just one more thing....I want to show you the cabinet my husband found in our barn that I rescued and brought in to our little craft corner (Craft = nothing more than crayons/coloring book and the dry pads of water color paints). I know it's no big deal, but I like this little nook even more now!



I hope the first Monday in November is a contented one for you, my friend!
Thank you for sharing a little in my morning....

Comments

Gommy Shirlee said…
Love your Blog...so relaxing and love the family pictures!
Sarah said…
Glad your laundry pile is as big as mine! It makes me a little less irritated knowing someone else will be joining me in sorting, washing, folding, and (maybe just maybe) putting the clothes away in drawers as opposed to leaving them in the basket for a few days!:) Have a good one!
Everything in my mother's heart wants to swoop up those massive piles of laundry and return it in nicely pressed piles, but I can hear you right now saying, "I'm fine, really I am."

You made my morning by sharing your precious little ones pictures and your skill in documenting their morning routine.

By the way, I really like the cabinet. Looks perfect in your kitchen.
Debbie said…
I'll bet just counting little toes at your house could take up some time! I too am glad for indoor plumbing. Of course, we could consider that olden days cleaning time and boudoir requirements added up to a lot less than ours. My daughter in Maine and I were having our morning Verizon and coffee, and we commented on how busy all this 'convenience' keeps us. I've got a feeling that our great-great gma's had less, needed less, and didn't know the difference. All this technology has only made us more dangerous!
But, I must close and make a potty run AND throw a load of clothes in the very expensive and not very reliable namebrand washer that will cost an arm and a leg to replace and I can't live without. The nearest 'stream' is the Illinois River, and nobody wants to beat their wash on a rock down there!
I just love that little cabinet!
Rachel said…
love this contented little post.
your little boys explanation to his sister cracks me up. i'm guessing you are like me in that it's a welcome sound to hear that splashing in the commode. because when you don't hear it, and you know they're doing it, it only means it's going one other place: the floor. which, is not very musical, only gross.
always, always a pleasure to stop by your lovely blog.
happy monday!
Terri said…
Happy 1st to you, too! Hoping the rest of your day was as peaceful as the troops looked at breakfast this morning! I hope your handy little cabinet gets used day after day for more priceless renderings from your children! Must be about time they're all winding down for the night...enjoy some silence!

Popular Posts