Where do I begin?

**Preface**



If you have a maid, butler or house staff of any title, you will not be able to relate much to my musings. If you have it all together, at all times, you also might want to click right out of here and go on to the next blog of interest. However, there might be one or two of you out there that could relate.




Yet no matter who you are, or what your domestic life looks like, consider yourself welcome and invited to stay...




****




I do not even know where to begin this morning.






Perhaps here would be a good place to start:







Or here:


{oh the "joy" of finding wrinkly clothes in the dryer when the wet load you washed the day before that starting to smell of mildew is waiting to be transferred.}







I could start upstairs:

{ Unmade beds, with sheets begging to be stripped off and washed}




The " High Maintenance Mountain"


{It must be climbed daily (quite obviously), or else I will not be recognized should someone stop by unexpectedly. How deceitful I feel sometimes, when I, like almost everyone else in the world, bypass pictures-such as the one below-of the core 'me' to post profile pictures on Facebook or on our blogs such as the one below it. And yes, it is the same person. And yes, it requires vast amounts of electrical volts and make up manipulation to create such illusions. I hesitate sharing the first picture, but yet I desire to remain transparent...so here you go. }


To vacuum or not to vacuum...
{is never the question. Vacuuming/sweeping is a daily occurrence. If I start here, perhaps it will alleviate the annoyance of constantly having to peel Puffed Wheat off my feet.}

Weeds. Weeds. Weeds.
{With a projected high of 100 degrees today, me thinks I shall look the other way, thank you very much!}
Like all true Sanguines, I sat down to do what pleased me first, and now I will dive headlong into the pool of housekeeping, working hard to stay on course, avoid distraction and toil with a heart of gratitude.The Rouge Sippy Cup

{Oh, please dear God in Heaven, please don't let this one found under the couch contain the Strawberry Milk from 2 weeks ago!}


So...where did I begin???
Right here.
At the Coffee Cottage.
Because like all inanimate objects do, they all wait for me.
There are, however, so many plus sides to my day. Among them, a mom and sister who are watching the 3, 3, and 1 year old (in a few hours, they will be 4, 3 and 1...but for a few days, the two oldest little ones enjoy both being 3) AND a tub full of the most delicious chocolate chip cookies I've ever sunk my teeth into, hand made AND delivered by a most incredible woman.


To all my friends doing similar duties, I raise my mug of lukewarm coffee to you!
Cheers!

Comments

Shar said…
Oh Jeane...I am right there with you. Every one of those pictures could have been taken this morning at my house...and instead of tackling one of the thousands of things calling my name, I watched home videos. Actually most of the time I fought tears as I watched the kids when they were 4,3,and 2and Cooper was only growing inside
...where has it all gone! I think of you so often and hope you know how much your real-ness impacts me and many others.
Anonymous said…
might i suggest, add a little "something-something" to that cold coffee of yours. you hear me girl? put a little kick in your pants, jump in your step. ha ha!
although I only have two young ones at home, i can certainly relate to all the demands that come with it. it is never easy!!
prayers for you today.
eat a cookie for me. lord knows i won't get one today. somehow they all go to those little munchkins.
Marian said…
Love it! Thanks for making my day!
"like all true sanguines I did what pleased me first" CLASSIC, CLASSIC LINE!

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!!!

p.s. those cookies look AWESOME!!

thanks for allowing us into your life....all the parts of it!!!

xoxo.
right there too...yesterday I did nothing...today I HAVE to get busy....Have a good day
Grace Remembers said…
...love the way you keep it real! Whether or not we admit it, we are all "hiding" some portion of our true selves. There is such beauty in the realness or truth of it all. Love the oh natural picture of you! You look like a college student...and your spirit fits the youth I see in it:)

Carrie
Sarah said…
Your pictures are similar to what my house often looks like...and I don't have any children! I'm glad that you took some time to do something that you really wanted to do...and share a bit of your life with us. Thank you for that.
Debbie said…
I love this post! Thanks for being real:)
Jen said…
Oh my word. I never thought I'd ever see a "before" picture of you leaked out into the public. You have evolved even higher than I've realized. :-) But of course you are so beautiful "before and after", and within! Can't believe your oldest is 4 today!!! Have fun! Miss you.
Anonymous said…
Hello Jeane,

I can so relate to this post:)Though I love a house that is clean, I am not a lover of house cleaning! One time a blog that I followed asked readers to share what they did when they were "down in the dumps." To my surprise, a lot of readers commented that they cleaned the house, and then they weren't so "down." I wish I had that perspective:) For me, it's show me the coffee instead:)

I hope you enjoyed the fruits of your labor:) How great that you had tasty cookies to munch on and a mom and sis who were watching your kids--the sweet life indeed:)

All the best,
Debi in MN
Kirsten said…
I think you look gorgeous in the "before" picture!

Popular Posts