These are a few of my favorite things...

While I do like raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens,
bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
(although just the thought of the aforementioned makes me break into a sweat),
a few of my favorite things include....


...a morning cup of coffee, sipped leisurely at my favorite little breakfast place along the shoreline...


...Eating out for breakfast with 5 spectacular men, one of whom (bright orange) is celebrating his 16th birthday tomorrow, and is officially my favorite 16 year old in the world...


...Did I mention my morning coffee leisurely enjoyed at my favorite breakfast place along the beach?? Oh. Ok. Well, it's worth repeating twice. This time I'll add the fresh-out-of-the-fryer Apple Cider donuts served alongside of it....




...a reprieve, even if just for 1 day, from the duties and demands of 5 small children, and spent with the man I love more than life itself!...





...a sunny day, with time to soak my feet in the sand and watch them get covered with small waves of salty water...






...finding a pretty little {cheap} sundress at a shop along the beach, purchased because I realized that I had packed my tankini top, but not the bottom. It is true what they say, there is a billowing, cotton, sky blue lining in every cloud! ;)





...a frozen coffee drink, a brand spankin' new Martha Stewart* magazine and the waves at my feet, Oh Happy Day!....


(*I do not think I have ever made any recipe, craft or decor item from any of Martha's magazines that she sends me. I suppose it's the order, symmetry and visual appeal of perfection that I like to peruse and pretend to aspire to).




...waves crashing along the jetty...



Truly, i love the sea.



It restores, revitalizes and renews me.



The last 24 hours was an extra special gift to me from God, and He provided many kind souls to make it happen (you know who you are!! "Thank you" just isn't enough!). Additionally, we are celebrating a strong, courageous young man who I was privileged enough to gain when I married his father.



It is my hope that you, my friend, are able to find even 5 minutes today where you heart is refreshed. Thank you so much for stopping by the cottage. If you would would like, share with us a few of YOUR favorite things (
and maybe you love warm woolen mittens all year through, just like Maria!).

Comments

Amy Beachy said…
EVERY time I read your posts I am blessed by your love for life, God, your husband and family! So happy for you that you got to spend time at the beach with your hubby, and amazing son!!
Your blue sundress was beautiful on you and I loved seeing all your beach pics!
I tell you everytime, but your writing just flows perfectly and I love seeing your blog updates!

Blessings,

Amy
The Pook said…
Thanks so much for sharing, Jeane'. I echo you on that lazy morning cup of coffee. I'm actually enjoying that right now as I post my little comment . . . unfortunately there are no ocean waves lapping at my feet but will be in about a week and a half! Thanks so much for all you share. You never cease to amaze me!
Linda said…
oh my goodness! I had coffee and apple cider donuts at that very same place with some wonderful teachers earlier this summer. It was heavenly! I'm glad you had fun too. Love your pics and your sundress!
Stacey said…
That sounds wonderful. :) Enjoy that beach time.
Sarah said…
Jeane, you are gorgeous. In every sense of the word.
Jen said…
Oh, it makes me so happy to see YOU at your happy place. What wonderful pictures - and a wonderful birthday you gave to your 16 year old "man". Thanks to that one picture, I have a HUGE hankering for cider donuts now. Hmm...it's 8:52pm, where can I get a Cider Donut in Exton...? Guess I'm just going to have to drive to Ove's.
Wanda said…
YES! I love it! Love that beach and enjoy that restaurant. Our family of 17 ate there 2 weeks ago...too bad we weren't there the same time as your beautiful selves!

Popular Posts