Welcome Mackenzie Mae Miller!



With two men who love her exceedingly. (with Daddy just moments after birth and with Paw Paw, who was giving her little whisper kisses, just like he used to give me!)


As you probably have heard by now, at 4:30am on September 10th, God delivered to us our second and precious little daughter, Mackenzie Mae. She came very quickly and unbeknownst to us as I was, shall we say, 'bringing up' in response to hormones/epidural/who knows what. As I was heaving, the nurse later told me she suddenly couldn't hear a heart beat, lifted up my sheets and their was Mackenzie's head, blue as could be. She told me that she is going to push a button and about 20 nurses would come flying into the room and not to panic.
That is exactly what happened.

The midwife, Barb (who delivered Annie) came in after about 20 sets of hands had delivered Annie and took the chord that was around her neck off of it. Not only did she have her cord wrapped around her neck, but it was double knotted! For whatever reasons we will never know, she was spared, for it could have been a very serious situation.

We came home yesterday, and my dear mom and dad (and sister Kimberly) are doing all the hard labor now, as they are very kindly watching Christopher and Annie so that I can take a little time to heal up before acclamating myself (and my body) to a new "3-baby/toddler" reality! I miss Christopher and Annie so very much, and yet am enjoying the peace that holding a new little life brings, and time with my truly loving, wonderful husband, who is taking such good care of me.

I took the pictures below today. I am not sure why the flash is darkening a side of the pictures, but you still get the idea. :)

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers. I still cannot believe how kind God is, to have given us yet another gift of this magnitude.

Comments

congrats, congrats, congrats!!! so happy for you! what a priceless gift!
ajwatson722 said…
Love the new blog look! Mackenzie is so precious! Can't wait to meet her! I love her already! love you!
OOOOHHHH!! we just got home from Florida and I'm checking your blog, one of the FIRST things I did. you guys have been on mind sooo much, especially during the early mornings when i would make my coffee and sit on the deck listening to the waves crash! i would think, "oh, Jeane would love it here, but she's busy with other more important things, has that baby come YET??!!!"

SO WELCOME MACKENZIE! LOVE that name!!

we literally just walked in the door a 1/2 hour ago so i should go kiss my boys 100 more times and just drink in our lovely home. i'll be in touch!!
Jen said…
Congratulations Mama! She is beautiful - so is her name. Love it! You are amazing for posting a blog so soon after having her. I can't wait to meet her. Enjoy your few days of quietness with just her...or maybe that's over by now. Anyway - praying for you both. By the way, your kitchen is gorgeous! I know it's not done yet, but it already looks like something out of Better Homes & Gardens. Love you dear!
Dale said…
What a beauty! Welcome dear Mackenzie Mae! Now the Coffee pot will REALLY be perking at your dear Cottage! Love and Prayers to you as you enter this next realm. So so happy for you all. What a precious gift from above!
Love, Nick and Dale

Popular Posts