Ripe~N~Ready



You might note the tomatoes, picked from my very own garden (which consists of precisely 5 tomato plants. and nothing else. There were 2 zucchini and 2 cantalope plants in another section of the yard-futher up-and due to there location, God love 'em, they perished a long and parched death. I just didn't have the will to water at such a "distance"). Each time I've picked one off the vine, I'd just stare at it with pride and joy...some might say I was beaming (i usually do not grow things very well. at all). And it just so happened each time one was ready to be picked, Curt or Rick would witness my revelry and suggest since I was so enamored with the red fruit, that I should take a picture of it. :)


So I did.


These tomatoes came off too early, and so I had to wait until they were ripe and ready to eat.


A similar experience to another little "tomato" I am waiting to 'ripen'!!!


Next week is my due date, so I should not feel like I'm past due like I am. Perhaps it's because I am spoiled because I delivered Annie at 38 weeks and Christopher at 39. I took a LONG walk with babies this morning, not knowing that the humidity suddenly spiked up. I was SO HOT when I came home, I just had to take my ugly maternity denim shorts off. I was wearing a long, equally ugly maternity top that covered an expanse that could be confused with the moon's surface. But I digress. Neighbors came to the door to wish me a happy birthday, but thankfully they were all female neighbors...a mom with her three little girls, whom we know well! :) I told them I'd invite them in, but I did not want to scar the little gals...


I am having a delightful birthday so far. After putting the babies in for a nap, whipping up a delectable BLT with REAL mayo! on wheat toast (my favorite!) I sat down to enjoy the handwritten cards I had received in the mail. I was savoring, savoring the joy of the thoughts expressed, when suddenly my heart was overcome with suprise and GUILT when I picked up the envelope with a certain name on the upper left-hand corner. It was a name of a 95 year old lady whom I had met and become friends with in my Meals-On-Wheels days (i used to be a delivery gal). We had developed a relationship beyond our monthly meal delivery run-ins...and I would occassionally take Christopher and Annie to visit her (although mainly just Christopher). She asked us to call her "Grandma Anne". Then in late February or March, I got a call from her close friend who said she was in the hospital, it did not look good at all and not to bother visiting as she was not conscience of anything or anyone. She said she would call if anything changed. But I never heard from her...and I assumed this dear woman had DIED!!! Her house was put up for sale and someone else moved in a month or so ago. I felt bad for not looking into it more, and that I had missed the funeral, but I figured we had walked along part of her path for the time she needed it most and I was looking forward to seeing her again in Heaven.


And then today, via a lovely birthday card (signed by the hand of her good friend), I come to find out: SHE'S ALIVE!!! And she's still sending birthday cards!!!


And you thought I was a kind person!


Well, I'm here to tell you: Think again!!!!
(After rereading my unloading about the long deaths of my zucchini & cantalope plants due to my laziness and then about dear "grandma anne's" supposed-and uninvestigated-passing, you might be rethinking our friendship! I can't blame you!)


Anyhoo...


I have cleaned the bathroom walls, floors and everything in between...removed, washed and de-fuzzed the sofa cushions, mowed, weeded, pruned, shampooed carpets, organized the nursery, my closet, my purse (THAT was scary!!), baked zucchini bread (several times), bought diapers and a fresh pack of nuks (the only two items purchased for the new baby! The only two I find are really neccessary! Bless his/her little heart!) and have walked and climbed stairs over and over.


I am ready!


:)


Here are a few pictures from our last week...


Celebrating the birthday of the man I love (with two of our neighbors, Danny & Dolly). We enjoyed Screpsi's subs, an old favorite of Reading's-and Curt's.



Here you will see the elaborate birthday cake I made...or ummm, hastily put together with Ice Cream sandwhiches and the one Gladiola bloom that wasn't wilted.


Annie has officially learned to walk! I was able to capture the sweetness of Christopher offering a hand...and I'm glad that her fussy and stubborn refusal was not captured! (We are noticing her independent spirit, as she has begun to emphatically say "I do!" to many things...)

Rick spent much of the Labor Day weekend making a pulley system for our backyard ( i am sooo thankful we only have the VERY basic cable package...it makes TV less of a temptation. Instead, he's using that bright brain that God gave him! This is what my wish is for all of our offspring). Here is he is "testing" it out on a very willing "testee", who did not mind the arm stretching activity in the least!

Whenever this little baby decides to make an appearance, I'll do my best to post it on here!

Until then, I'll continue enjoying tending to the sweet people God has put in my life (yes, even those who have been 'resurrected!") and I hope you are able to do the same.


Comments

ajwatson722 said…
Happy Birthday! I love this post. I wish I had homegrown tomatoes...they look so good (and the timer placed beside them adds a nice touch)! What an amazing wife/mom you are! Hope you have a very special day and that you know how loved you are by lots of people!
Unknown said…
Happy Happy Birthday to you!!!

Your sis is right....you are an amazing wife/mom/woman of God. That's why you deserve the very best in life along with very warm wishes on your special day. I'm sure you and your family will cherish every single moment. Rejoice,reflect,and try to relax a spell.
Love you and take good care.
My only wish is, that you would post every single day...or even two times a day. I sit here at my computer reading, laughing, relating and cherishing the fact that you are my daughter and that God gave you the same sense of humor that He gave your dad, and the same ability to write. You made my day! Happy Birthday!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIEND! in the midst of writing your little card, i didn't even mention my birthday wishes for you!! i KNEW i was forgetting something!!!

i have a glorious gift for you, but i suppose that will have to wait until we return from the sunny south, (let's HOPE it's sunny and not rainy w/ 150 mph winds!)!

maybe at that time i can bring you a meal, a gift and empty arms to hold your new baby! oooooh, i just can hardly wait! can Curt call Jake if something happens/ripens? I don't know that we'll have internet access....
Jen said…
Happy Happy Birthday Chicky! Glad you liked that sexy little S T R E T C H Y number. :-) Somebody gave me one of those when I was 9 months pregnant and feeling like an elephant...it made me feel like a woman again - if if only for a brief few seconds until I walked passed my full length mirror. Ha! I'm jealous of your tomoatoes - that BLT had to be delish! Love your posts - you make me laugh on a daily basis! Love you...
Unknown said…
They are ALL correct, in that YOU are an AMAZING wife & mommy!!!!

I Love You & am VERY, VERY Thankful to have you in my life.

I appreciate ALL you do, and how wonderfully you strive to make this old house a WONDERFUL HOME.

We ALL Love You.
Love,
Your 'Hubby".

Popular Posts