Big Times at the Bus Stop

Christopher and Annie have a few special little friends on our block. One of them is Alyssa, who just started Kindergarten. I told her earlier this week, that on Friday we'll be out on the front porch to wave to her when the bus goes by in the morning.

We were out early enough to see her leave the house with her dad. They invited Christopher to walk down to the bus stop with them, and without a second of hesitation, he scurried to join them (in his little pj's and "flips"-what we call flip flops- the first thing he puts on every morning after getting out of bed. I'm hoping it switches to warmer shoes in the winter). As he walked past the house, he cast a glance up and said "Bye, mama!".

I can see the transition to school will be relatively easy for this particular little extrovert.

It was a "big", special morning. And I thought it was adorable & wanted to share it....

Annie was left to survey the scene from the front porch. Her daddy took the day off and it pleased her to no end to have him around (i know how she felt!).

By the way, I have a "feeling" the baby is coming this weekend sometime. I did not feel that way last weekend...but for whatever reason, I do now. It's also silly to rely or build expectations on feelings, so I want to enjoy the moments of reality that are in front of me...large with child or not!

...hope you do too!

Comments

Popular Posts