A Birthday Buddy

There is a newly-turned 12 year old boy by the name of Kendrick, who has been a buddy of mine since I moved to Shillington. He and I share the same Birth Day. He and his mom just live a minute down the street and his brother and his family live two doors down. Last night after a delicious and delightful dinner at Squireside with my parents, sister and grandma, we came home to dessert with our friends. His mom, Jill, was SO thoughtful to put MY name on the cake too!! It's been a while since I've seen my name spelled out in red gel on an ice cream cake! Woohoo!


In any case, it was very touching to me. Our neighbors are truly like family to us, and we are grateful...the deep down kind.

PS. I had a routine doctor's appointment this morning. When asked, I told him that he doesn't even have to bother checking if I'm dialated. I know I'm not. He said the baby is nice and low. Yes, how well I know that. If he/she stuck his hand out and scratched my leg, I wouldn't be terribly suprised (but it is a weird mental picture. sorry). We spent the rest of the visit talking politics, and agreed that Sarah Palin is just about the best thing to happen to the landscape of politics for a long time. I actually stayed up waaaaaay past my bedtime to watch her. My favorite part was seeing her littlest daughter holding her little brother and licking her hand and smoothing his hair to the side. That is one brave family.
Nap time for me! Enjoy your day....

Comments

ajwatson722 said…
GO SARAH PALIN! I was so proud after watching her speech! Definitely a supporter! And, you know, since you told the Dr not to check if you are dilated, you probably are!:) He or she will come soon. Maybe the baby takes after their aunt...taking their time...no rush for anything.:) Hope you are having a great day! love you!

Popular Posts