So Far, So (Very) Good!



Well, folks, little Kenzie Mae is a whole week old...and so far, so very good!

I do not want to paint an unrealistic picture, as there is-of course- a lack of sleep, imperfect & unsynchronized nap times some days, demands for attention from multiple parties, moments of frustration and plenty of things left undone (etc., etc.).


There is PLENTY of "real life" going on here.


But our house is full. We are all here and praise God, we are healthy in many ways...capable of growing, and capable of giving and receiving love. It is truly a sweet, sweet season of life. If I am granted to live a long life, and someday am an elderly woman, I will look back on this time with warmth in my heart...it will be a cherished season.


One way in which has made this first week so bearable is the gift of an attentive, proactive husband and father of our children. He has made this 'new reality' one that has been easy to slip into. For him, I am grateful beyond words.


As for the rest of this posting, I'll let the pictures give you a glimpse into this past week:



Christopher absolutely LOVES holding and kissing Mackenzie (whether the feeling is mutual or not is debatable)...
...Multi-Tasking: When a good 'booger' calls, one must answer it, no matter if watching Curious George AND holding your new sister......Her Royal Cuteness (I'm a bit prejudice, I know!)...Sometimes you just need to be held by your biggest, bestest brother, who makes it all better (when you feel like you've been somewhat replaced AND when you've just fallen off the couch!)...

...Playing dress up with an apron, a basket & a stroller (all in your pj's no less!). Life is good!


This week I've read and heard about some anguishing circumstances in the lives of people I have never met...and it humbles me, and makes me ever so more grateful for the simplicity and sweetness at this moment in our lives. Either way, I know our Father is loving us and wants to share in the joy and the heartache. He never changes.


Now THAT's a gift.


I smell a dirty diaper....again.


:)


Bye!

Comments

Luzie said…
Jeane, Jeane, Jeane! I am so thrilled for you and Curt at the birth of your GORGEOUS, PERFECT little daughter! What an amazing blessing that has been heaped upon your head! :) I can't wait to meet her in person on Friday a.m. Don't tell anyone, but I told the rest of the aunts to come at 3:00!! :) I LOVED your pics of the kiddies...they are so dear..ALL of them! See you soon,
Love,
Auntie Lou
of course I am dying to get to you and hold this little one!! oooooh, delicious newborn!!! but i'm thinking about waiting for a bit, or possibly getting a sitter for the boys so i can come and HELP, not hinder the transitional process!!! or better yet, what about our whole family coming to your whole family and bringing dinner and staying for less then 90 minutes?

love is pouring out to you all from Lancaster Avenue!
Anonymous said…
Jeane',
I love reading your blog. Your kids are adorable and you make me laugh so much just through your words. You have quite a gift. Thanks for the constant guidance to Christ and paitning a real life, yet joyful picture of life. I love you and hope to see you next week maybe??!
Deva said…
What precious, precious pictures!!! I am so happy for your family that I teared up as I was reading and looking at the pictures. Kenzie is so beautiful, with a head full of hair to boot. I am so thankful she is okay, that must have been very scary for you!! You and Curt have got 4 beautiful children.
Love and Kisses, Deva
thinking of you!! i am sure that your days/nites are consisting of feeding your children & changing diapers-and that is probably about it....praying that the Lord would supply you with your every need & that His grace would be sufficant.

Popular Posts