It Begins

It has begun.

Anywhere from two to ten outfit change requests per day.

"Outfit" = out of season, frilly or sporty and often mismatched.

This is one of the preferred pieces (worn while intently watching a History Channel Documentary, not Barbie's Magic Kingdom, I assure you).



Just last Sunday evening she came down in the frock shown above. My husband lovingly started to say,

"Why, honey, don't you look beaut-"

"Dad. Please. I'm not in the mood!"

{Did I mention she's only three...and nowhere close to turning four??}

While my husband turned his back to disguise his laughter,
I did my best to firmly nip that little attitude in the bud.
(I always feel like Barney Fife when I use that expression).


I've got to tell you, for all the pre-teen tendencies she's exhibiting right now,
I simply cannot get enough of her!!!!

There are nanoseconds when time stands still and I am completely amazed that
I have been given breath-taking little gifts that are so valuable, there is no price worthy of them.
Each "gift" is so unique...even, and maybe especially when they are clothed in the sundresses of summer
as autumn leaves start to fall.

Comments

I personally cannot get enough of her either. I love being with her. She reminds me so much of you and I love that!
Sylvia said…
"Dad. Please. I'm not in the mood!"

Where did she learn that? Is she watching teen dramas and not Barbie?
Debbie said…
Here is an idea you will embrace: pick out their outfits while they are sleeping and put latches on the closet doors that only YOU can reach. Chest of drawers should be in said closet. Been there, done that too.
There is just something about that age group. The 4 year old I keep on Wednesdays swears that cheese comes from lobsters!
Keep laughing, Barney!
:D
Wanda said…
Oh, Jeane! Kids grow up faster and faster all the time, don't you think?!!? That line is classic, though. You'll have to record that in her baby book.

By the way, is there any way to print out entire blogs - like put them in a digital book to print out? Sometimes I feel like the blog would be a fun memory book for the kiddos. What do you think? Any wisdom?
Anonymous said…
Well that was me to a tee until I was, oh, say 17! (and there are pictures to prove it!)Sometimes I would be in my room for hours at a time just making up different outfits with actual cloths or sheets, whatever was handy. And I like to think I didn't turn out too bad =: )But Annie is just too cute! I hope I get a girl someday too to play dress up with. She is so beautiful!
Rachel said…
o. my. word.
those very words, and the whole changing clothes thing could so have been my daughter.
and, it started when she was barely 3.we must either get them together and let them change clothes to their little hearts content, or, not get them together, because they will egg each other on in this quest.
i vote for the latter.
because, i've decided i cannot win this 'war' me and my daughter have about her clothes....i'm just hoping to survive it.
and, for the oh-so-scrumptious cinnamon bun you left on my porch yesterday? it not only tasted won-der-ful, but it ministered to my heart too, in that you took the time to think of me in that way!
i love you and i barely know you!!
here's to a happy, rainy thursday!
Terri said…
haha! Oh, little girls...I remember days upon days of folding and refolding the clothes in Emma's drawers! I thought it would never end! Years later she still likes to change her clothes {and leave it lying where she stepped out of it}...and occasionally the sassy little remarks trickle out, too. Big girls are pretty much just little girls in taller bodies. But, what fun!
Anonymous said…
i dont know you personally, our moms know eachother, somehow. My mom, Beverly (Garber) Duma, grew up in PA. We are here in Ohio now, and I love reading your blog. :) i just had my third baby, and you inspire me. I know that in my roughest of days, there are moms out there doing the same thing I am. thanks for being honest about life, and helping me to remember to laugh about it all!
-Liz

Popular Posts