365 days ago

This was what we were up to
365 days ago....

My "Birthing Coaches" (sisters)


Ray came at 11:30pm...
John came 59 minutes later.
(I'm sharing this picture, lest one think poorly of me for only showing 'after shower' hospital pictures).


Big brother Rick was there all night long (but not in the room during birth) and was as proud as a groggy 15 year old boy could be!



Everything feels better after a shower, but even without one, holding those two was sublime!!

My mom.


What I'm really thinking: "I'm not leaving here until they kick me out!!!".
What my husband is thinking: "I think I should start renovating that side room in the barn!"


I have no words. I was awestruck then and am awestruck now.

Ready to head home to the zoo!

Nearly 1 year later....
I would say they are both pretty laid back, and very easy babies.
John (left) is starting to show signs of being more particular and Ray is as happy-go-lucky as they come.
We cannot, nor would we want to, imagine our life without them.
Two priceless gifts right from the hands of God!


Comments

Could they be more adorable?! And could you look more like your mom?! :-)
Wanda said…
Seriously???? It's been a YEAR already! That's just crazy! Thanks for sharing such dear pictures! Such precious boys - sharing 2 different birthdays, right? Lovin' you!
Darlene Ahlberg said…
HAPPY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to John and Ray. They are as precious as ever!
I still have the text on my phone from Jen informing us of their safe (and uniquely individual) arrival!! :)
Laurel Greer said…
love love love!peterkeith1
Rachel said…
oh my goodness.
they were and still are so adorable! you are so blessed!!
loved your thoughts amidst the holding of so many babies....
yep.
every time i've been in the hospital for our babies births, i've felt exactly like you did. exactly.
maybe it has something to do with the fact that when i'm there it's like the only time in my life that someone is waiting on me hand and foot? =)
Marian said…
LOVE this post. The picture of your husband checking out Ray is precious...like he's thinking "what planet are you from???"
So neat that they have their own birth days! Something only their OWN!!
Open Hands said…
You are such an articulate darling artist with your words, J. Thank you for caring to use your gifts to take a curious world into your dear family... to grow with and love with you.
clarita said…
Wow, I cannot imagine what it would be like to find out you're expecting and then deliver TWINS! They both look so precious and like they know they're deeply loved!

And you look sooo much like your mother!! Amazing! Both beautiful, beautiful women!
Michelle said…
Sweet Sweet Blessings.
Jena said…
wow... I can honestly say I have NEVER in my life seen anyone look so beautiful and un-fazed by the birth process as you do!!!
your twin's are just too precious!
Terri said…
Oh, my!!! They are adorable...just as much now as the day they were born! There's just something so sweet about two little bodies that are the spitting image of each other! I was a little caught off guard to see they are already a year old!!! You're a fabulous mom...hope the coming year is one filled with sweet little treasures around each corner! {And maybe a little R&R for the Fab mom!}
I can't believe it's been a year already...they are so precious! Thank you for the pictures!

Popular Posts