You all are fabulous writers...


...oh, that i could have afforded to pull all your names out of the bowl tonight for all the joy and fun reminscing you brought to me and others!

I am typing this post out on a laptop that is on the verge of taking it's last breath (my computer is out of order currently, and my husband, who works with computers for a living, lent me this decrepit old thing to use until he is able to fix mine. Let's just say that, while I appreciate the gesture, the computer and I are hardly on speaking terms. It's very tempermental and impossible to reason with. Thus the quick post, and thus the poor quality camera phone picture I had to use. I'm sure you'll understand).


Back to the memories...I have to say, the comments left where FAR and ABOVE the measly memories I wrote out. Wow! How much fun to read (and i encouraged others to as well)...THANK YOU to each one of you who pulled back the curtains of their childhoods and left us take a look inside!

Tonight, I am happy to announce that a special somebody will be the recipient of this adorable vintage sewing drawer, filled with antique glass containers holding charming, crisp new writing (and highlighting!) tools, rosey posey stationary, miniature giftbags, and catchy, colorful little post-it notes...all beautifully put together by Judy (my darling mama) @ Just A Little Something For You:



And the winner is....

Vickie from This AmazingJourney {Walking with the Hedgepath Family}!!!


You would do well to 'walk alongside' her by reading of the adventures of the adoption of their precious daughter from Togo... truly an amazing journey! As for her response to this post, she affirmed my love for the 'crackle' that only a record can produce and she assured me that my friendly neighborhood Avon lady is still selling "Sweet Honesty" (Shwew!).


Vickie, if you'll email me (see side bar for address) your mailing address, I'll be happy to send it on it's way!

The only thing that would have made this more fun, is if magically you could have all found yourselves around my kitchen table, with plenty of mugs full of coffee and plates of warm, gooey cinnamon rolls to accompany the chitter chatter of memories from our youth.

Thanks (yet again), for stopping by!

Comments

Your welcome! Thanks for stirring the memories up!
Terri said…
I have vacationed from my usual blog stalking so I missed your last post, but giggled to myself over your Avon roll-on scents...mostly because I remember my Avon scents coming in the form of a pin. Remember those??? They were of the rub-on kind...the fun was digging the stuff out of it's little hiding hatch and then spending the rest of the day picking it out of your fingernails! Back then the Avon lady was my hero...and she probably stopped by my grandmother's house weekly for a new order.
OH, I COULDN'T BE MORE THRILLED, (even I had won it myself)! MY DEAR FRIEND VICKIE~~~THE WINNER!!! oh, if only i could hand deliver this goodness to her door in North Carolina....that would be the BEST!!!!!

Thanks again Jeane' for this treat.
Congratulations to the winner....Your blog design is beautiful...I love the sides....I really love all of it.....very classy
A few hours to blog hop tonight....Love it!
am giving away another copy of In a Heartbeat on Monday night...
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/08/have-you-ever-had-to-make-up-your-mind.html
Happy Sunday

Popular Posts