The Rewards of Early Rising

While little souls were still a'slumbering...




I did what I've started to do countless times in my life, have seen the only-good results from and YET still revert to my old ways: I woke up EARLY. And that has to mean really early in this household, for I do not have children that sleep past 7 (oh, that they would ALL sleep until 7! That's sleeping in for most of them).




And so, after a weekend of feeling miserably sick, I determined that I need to get a hold of this crazy life right now and wake up early early this morning to take that grip-getting step of necessity.





I made coffee to the tune of quiet...




I took the dog out for her morning 'run' and took in a simple sunrise, stopping to say 'hello' to our lovely ladies, who, at only 2 weeks in, are laying at least 8 eggs per day.


We are going to have PLENTY of eggs! {I am going to have to disguise 'quiche' by coming up with another name for it, as my husband has a mental block against the dish, feeling it is not 'manly' enough for him! We will be enjoying egg dishes galore, as will our neighbors, if they want too!}.




Old Mr. Rooster, mid-Cock-A-Doodle-Doo



I had time to cut 2 generously sized, succulent sweet cantaloupes, uninterrupted. The children are always 'starving' when they first come down, and usually the fare offered to them is bananas. But right now, Cantaloupe can be found at every farm stand, of which their are plenty, down the road. How can you resist??


After all that, I poured myself some of that rich tasting, Costco coffee (our favorite!) into the new coffee mug my dear and ever-so-thoughtful friend, Diana sent to me! (It's message rings near and dear to my heart!)



Now it's off to try and enjoy {honestly, sometimes that is hard in the midst of strong wills and soiled diapers} this day that I have been given.



The sign above my stove (given to me by another treasured friend, Jen) reads:

"Today is a Gift"

And it's waiting to be opened.

No, scratch that.

It's suddenly being opened at lightening speed.

Gotta scoot!



Thanks for dropping by, my friend!

Comments

Debbie said…
Wow, I felt like I spent this quiet, calm morning with you. Did we put 'creme brulee' in that coffee? I remember the gift of quiet mornings. Now I have them every day and long for the patter of little feet. The grandkids feet, that is, if I am one day blessed. Boy, is your mom blessed!
:D
Sally Krueger said…
sounds lovely!

We have had a bunch of sickness here too, and this morning all 3 "sickies" climbed into our bed at 6AM!!! I envy your morning. :)

On a funny note - Keith hates quiche too - for about the same exact reason!! Silly men.

Have a great day dear!
I'm hooked on your blog now! I love it! I'm so glad you had a quiet morning. There is nothing like it in the whole world! Your pictures were great!
Michelle said…
Oh Jeane you have again inspired me. This is exactly what I needed to read first thing this morning. Thank You!! I hope the rest of your day is just as lovely as your morning.
Marian said…
Wishing you a wonderful day further. Hopefully your 'early rising' was worth the effort, and that you feel 'on top' of it all day long. Love the 'jumping crib' picture!!
I'm so glad you were afforded a few quiet minutes to yourself.

You truly have a bundle of blessings....and what sweetness..to have a few moments to yourself.

Praying...that you have an amazing week...and that you see God's fingerprints...throughout it.
Sarah said…
Your early morning sounds beautiful! Especially because it includes coffee and chickens. There will be chickens living outside my dream home.:)
Sylvia said…
How about calling it breakfast pie? That's two things men love.
Jen said…
Perhaps "Fritata"? I think having the word "tata" in it's name would peak your husband's interest. Just a guess...
Linda said…
oh, how I do want to be a morning person like you! I was inspired by three other wonderful ladies I went to the shore with--all morning people. (sigh) It is now actually a prayer of mine. I'm sure glad you got to have a wonderfully quiet morning. Love you
Carissa Anne said…
Just found your blog~I LOVE IT!!!!
We have been through some of the same experiences so I felt a connection immediatly! Great post~Oh how I understand, my two babies do not sleep in past 7 either~Sigh... 7 is actually pushing it! :-)
I'm glad that you enjoyed your solitude!!
Carissa
Anonymous said…
welcome to my world.
i am indeed an early riser, as are my kids.
my feet hit the treadmill at 5:30 sharp and i prepare to be showered & dressed by the time the kids feet hit the floor at 7.
i however, am WORTHLESS after 7pm at night. horrible. dare i even say i have pajama's on & face washed by 7 or shortly after. i am a hermit at night.
to each his own.
when i drink my morning coffee (which is rare). i will raise my glass to you.
LisaShaw said…
I enjoyed this!!!

Love cantaloupe! That mug is priceless! I needed that when I was raising children.

Your kids, as you already know, are so precious! I pray for peace and strength for you and many more early/quiet mornings. May you find GOD waiting for you in those moments to refresh you.

Hugs!

Popular Posts