The Dress & On Going Out

I don't know how many times in my life I will utter the same words:


WE. ARE. NEVER. LEAVING. THIS. HOUSE. AGAIN.





I utter them with great, heartfelt conviction each and every time.

AND YET, not wanting to miss ALL of life going on outside my front door, I occasionally subject myself to the stress of getting out of the door. In the case I write of tonight, there weren't even children to get out the door, but rather, 2 babysitters who needed the courtesy of forewarning and proper information intake (not to mention trying to look wedding guest-worthy).


As for the "Decade Old Dress" (see previous post), yes, I wore it to the lovely wedding on Saturday night.We did not have a camera along (it was enough that we were fully clothed and brushed our teeth). My mom, however, did take pictures, and we were in a few of them...and at the risk of seeming vain, I am including them for your curiosity's sake (just how out-dated was that dress??).


Here is the couple whose truck pulled up just as the wedding party was beginning to proceed down the aisle. Even though, from the moment the woman on the left woke up that morning she devoted her day to getting out of the house on time, it did not happen. She also is a woman who did not have time to give a quick check to the back of her head for even hair-styling, as is quite obvious. The man on the right is quite handsome, and equally laid-back, laughing at the many noisy 'huffing' sounds his wife emitted on the way, while her stomach tried to unravel itself from the stress of escaping her own home....But back to the guy on the left, he is quite handsome, don't you think?





The above picture was taken with my Aunt Carla, whose personality I seem to have most taken after. Even if I've inherited just a fraction of her traits, I am grateful, because she is a woman to I greatly admire.


We had a nice time catching up with family, but when the clock struck 8, the spell lifted as we knew we had 2 teen aged girls at home, waiting for relief. As we drove home, the tension in my stomach was replaced by the smorgasbord of reception delicacies, the memory of fleeing the house was already growing foggy .... and I was contemplating our next escape.


Thanks for dropping on by!

Comments

Missy said…
LOL!
you always make me laugh.
Why is it so hard to get out of the house on time!
well at least we have our handsome husbands!
Wanda said…
You are just TOO funny...by the way, you look FOXY!
Anonymous said…
Hello Jeane,

You look beautiful--you and your husband are cute together. Going with the flow is "how you must roll" when you have five little ones at home! You make it look easy.

Best,
Debi in MN
Michelle said…
Dear Mrs. Pretty:

You look Stunningly Beautiful in the dress. You look Stunningly Beautiful all the time though.

Love,
Michelle
Terri said…
you make me smile everytime I stop by here...I'm so glad I stopped again! Loved the story of the dress and the mental picture of you and Janelle scouring her goodies for just the right touches! Not too many people can still WEAR a dress bought a decade ago...much less pull it off to make it look like SJP herself had custom fit it. Thanks for the smile!
LisaShaw said…
What a precious message...

You look beautiful as does your Aunt.

Blessings!
Sylvia said…
I'm glad you put up a picture of the dress. I was going to ask. You look gorgeous!

Popular Posts