The Creativity Fairy Strikes!!


I'm not sure if it's cabin fever, a bad case of the winter blues or perhaps my mom left behind even a fraction of her creative energy behind while she is in Texas and somehow I absorbed it...but I've had a RARE burst of creativity (for me) this weekend and I felt like sharing it with you!

(Keep in mind, when I say "creativity", it's not of great quality or skill or talent like some folks have. This is just me liking to decorate and being inspired for the next 'holiday'...)



Here's a little love spread in my kitchen (thanks to my mom for the supplies!!)




I downloaded vintage valentines from a store on Esty, printed them out on cardstock paper and put glitter on them. I then went outside on this nice frosty day and gathered some sticks and spray painted them white, and shook a little glitter over them as well. My camera did not cooperate very well with the close up shots!



We were at a beautiful, welcoming home recently and on their white archway leading out to their yard, was the word "Pilai" inscribed on it, which is Hebrew for "God is our Deliverer". I thought it was just the greatest idea to have that reminder posted on the door of home that leads to 'the world', where there are so many things we need delivered from and that we have a powerful, attentive and loving God who does just that. And so I painted that on there this afternoon, but I'm not particularly pleased with the results. I might paint over it and use stenciled letters next time, instead of freehand.



A little heart over the light switches (thank you Target Dollar Bins.) It just needs a little bow at the top yet. That is to come.



So there you have it. It may be another year 'til the inspiration fairy sprinkles her dust on me!!

Comments

ajwatson722 said…
I am very impressed (this is honest, not forced, fussing)! Love the tree...it's a very perfect mix of a modern and vintage valentine's decoration. I wish so much I could come to your house and see them (and you!) myself! We really really missed you this weekend! Our fam is just not complete without you!
Anonymous said…
I am impressed. The extent of my Valentine decorating will be window stickys (the kids just love those) and maybe a new garden flag. Guess I need to wait for the "creativity fairy" to make her next trip to our area!!
Barb
I am at a loss for words right now, seeing another aspect of your creativity unfolding. You never cease to amaze me in all of the areas that your creativity comes forth!! Even in your extremely busy world in which you now find yourself. Beautifully done!!! I am looking forward to seeing you and your new touches.
Wanda said…
Jeane! HOW do you do it? You're a young, busy mom and yet you make time to decorate! WOW! You are the ever-impressive woman! Everything looks fabulous!

I think your painting looks incredible, but to save you time, next time you can use Uppercase Living...wink, wink!

Love you!
James said…
LOVE all the ideas! Thank you! And I can't wait to check out Esty...
The sprayed branches are gorgeous - they would probably be gorgeous for Christmas too. I think the creativity fairy stops by your home more than you think... :-)
~Jen

Popular Posts