Celebrating Jennifer


Lucy had her Ethel.
Mary had her Rhoda.
Laverne had her Shirley.

And yesterday, for almost two glorious hours, I had my Jennifer!!

She turned 30 in December, and had a little gathering to celebrate that I was unable to make it to...so we made up our own party at the Olive Garden yesterday!
This woman is absolutely THE FUNNIEST woman...she has improved my health too many times to count with her hysterical commentary on life (and facial expressions to go with them!), making me laugh until I couldn't breath. She is the inventor of "active listening" and has an enormous propensity for compassion and kindness. She's one of a kind..and I get to be HER friend!!! Lucky little me!

We dined as 'free' women, thanks to our sweet mothers who watched our children for us--and who also have a long history of friendship. In fact, they are the ones who introduced us to each other when we were but wee ones!! :)

HAPPY 30th JENNIFER!!!
(and remember, like you said, "30" is the new "20")













Comments

Dale said…
What fun for us to watch you two grow up to continue your friendship in to the fun years of mothering....more stories to come! And the bonus for us is time with the grandbabies!! A win win!
You two will be forever young in heart with your laughter and love! Glad to help out anytime!!
Jen said…
Somedays I feel like 30 is the new 80!! Oh but not yesterday....I was footloose and fancy free at the Olive Garden giggling with my oldest, most beautiful, vivacious & magnetic friend Jeane`! To be lavished with gifts & a yummy lunch, and laughter - what a blessed gal I am! I also have realized my hair is in desperate need of some layering & root lifter...sitting next to your volumous do - Freida Flathead has decided to get a new do! Thank you SOOO much for such a special day. Love ya.
What a nice tribute to a beautiful friend. It blesses my heart to have watched your friendship develop over the years. When the two of you are together, laughter is always present. Happy 3oth dear Jennifer!
What a beautiful tribute and what a precious gift friendship is!

Popular Posts