Dancing Queen

Here is another admission of a mismatched generational music preference:

I love ABBA.

I do. I always have. In High School I had a tape of their hits, and I'd play that little cassette over and over, dancing (yes, mom, while driving!) and singing my little heart out with them. I could see myself in those terrible sequined numbers they donned, my voice harmonizing to melodies that ignited dance and delirium....

Add Video
I digress.

Another admission: I am not what one would call a movie buff, yet there are times when I find a scene out of a movie that really, truly tugs something deeper than a shallow need to be entertained. They are VERY few and far between. The last one I had (before recently) was a gloriously powerful sequence from one of the Lord of The Ring movies. The scene still sticks with me, and has shaped the way I picture and perceive God. (I will have to find that clip and share it with you in another post.) On New Years Eve, my dear husband read while I watched Mama Mia!: The Movie and after this particular number, I thought "they got it. Women had to have written the song and women were the ones who choreographed it...they would have had to." This will sound funny or weird, but watching these women-young, old, thick, thin- throwing off their 'loads' (aprons, firewood, ladders holding husbands) to join in on the skipping and dancing and singing with abandon to me, was a picture of the purity of the "inner little girl" that our Creator had in mind when He created Eve and the rest of us. No matter how thick the walls of protection we've built around our heart and no matter how long ago the flame of innocence diminished to barely a flicker, I believe we were created to celebrate the magnificent mystery called womanhood. It's just that life on this side of Heaven is imperfect, and scenes like this are only found in movies. But on the other side of Heaven...well, I am not putting anything past God!

I know it sounds silly...but it is why this clip made the impression it did. (and boy, wouldn't I have just LOVED have been an extra in that scene!! ok...who am I kidding? I'd want the lead).

This version is one from YouTube, and so initially there are scenes of the original ABBA singing sandwiched in between movie sequences, as well as foreign language towards the end. But keep watching...maybe you'll see what I mean in my rambling above! Either way, I can't imagine your foot will stay still...and I hope it brings a little lightness to your day~



Comments

Anonymous said…
i agree. amazing movie!!!
You have just been tagged by me. If you visit my blog you will get the fun details.
Jen said…
You are a riot! I need to check this movie out now.... sounds like a good girls night!
Lulu and Tutz said…
Thanks for the info! I'll have to try them out and see what I can do! The shop is closed during the week right now so I have a little time on my hands!
The baby carrier looked like something we need in the shop!!! I, myself, will not be needing one again....until grandchildren!
Thanks!
Lulu and Tutz said…
help!!! check out my header on the blog!!! i went to the scrapbooking site and had fun making it...but what on earth?!? it's floating and doesn't even fit!!! any suggestions???

Popular Posts