An Even Day

Hello, again, my friend.

Try though I may, as I sit here, to whip up an inspirational thought, a spiritual insight or a humorous anecdote from my rainy Monday, I just can't seem to dig deep enough! I just changed two incredibly gross diapers, one which caused me to change my child's outfit. Again. It was thoughtful of the two of them, I suppose, to create the mess at the same time, as to streamline the process. Very thoughtful indeed.


I've been thinking about my blog...or blogging in general. For me, (and I stress for me alone) it started as mere turn down a little side street of creativity and that is how I would like for it to continue (in my mind). When I feel inspired, I will write, but I will not force it to feed my ego. My children do not 'cramp' my creativity, but sometimes when I want to get to writing, and I just can't, I attach the imaginary fault to them. Instead, I want to write when God provides the opportunity in my day and the words to share.

I so admire the creativity and beauty of the several blogs I read. They are inspiring!

You know, some days are just even lines. Highs and lows are peaks and valleys we've weathered on other days. I suppose on those 'low' days, we long for the 'even', the beige, the 'not-much-exciting-here" days. There are a few families I can think of immediately who probably wistfully remember the days when health wasn't heavily pressing on their hearts or loss wasn't looming above and around them. I wish them the love of Jesus to be made more and more real to them, until they cannot ignore it.

I wish that for you too.



I was filling out an application today for something. It was asking me to list what my friends would describe as my strengths. Being the humble person that I am, I filled out two lines quite quickly and stopped. My husband was home briefly for lunch and while he was putting together a proposal, I proposed to him the question "Hey, Hon?(I think he dreads those two words sometimes) What do you think are a few of my strengths?".

A Sanguine personality will never considering it stooping too low to ask for a compliment (or twenty). We'll even take contrived ones. Whatever...we're simply asking for a little word candy to sweeten and fortify our fragile little self-esteems.

He looked at me and smiled as I sat there like a puppy waiting for his meat bone. He knows me and so he knew exactly what was going on. "Ok..let's see ...you're personable (Ok, yeah, maybe I am), you're generous (mmm...maybe. If I got a good night's sleep) and your organized (THAT is a flat-out lie. He was scrapping the bottom of the barrel after only 2 measly adjectives.)." He might have given a few more, but as I had already filled out most of my virtues myself, I decided his input was not particuarly...necessary. :)

My dear husband. He is a gem among gems. I feel for him, and men in general, sometimes. We women are, without question, the more complicated sex. I like to think in terms of femininity, "complicated" can be eqivilant to 'spice'. We spice up the lives of the basic nature of men.

With that, I'll have to say my goodbyes. Thank you for taking the time to read. I pray that you will feel especially loved by the One who made you today...wether you be on a mountain peak, in the midst of a misty valley or simply experiencing an 'even' day, like me.









Comments

hello dear, creative, inspiring, thoughtful, serving, funny, stylish, kind, hilarious even friend!!!! yes, those days are good and very necessary. the days where all is "normal." let us be grateful for the normal days. someday i suppose i will think back to the hours upon hours that a little person was clinging to my pant legs, resting on the back of my calves as i cook and tugging on my knee to be lifted to his throne, (aka mama's lap)!! can we come over next week sometime? it's a "slow" week...whatever the heck that means!

Popular Posts