A Spa Night for the Heart

Last evening, after watching my beloved haul our five children off in our big Amish wagon to our small town's "Big Event" (the Fire Company's yearly "Open House"/Fire Safety, I quickly threw some curlers in my hair and changed into something presentable for an event I had been anticipating ever since I received this beautiful invitation in the mail. (You know when you receive an invitation you immediately want to frame that it will be an event you do NOT want to miss!)


On the back of this postcard (picture taken by the sender, of course), in beautiful handwriting it invited me to a "Fall Friendship Fete" at the home of the woman who is the first person I talk to every day of the week. She and I are still pounding the pavement in the wee hours of every weekday morning, pulled out of bed because we know the other will be waiting for us. It's been such a wonderful expression of the word "accountability"!


I was expecting something extra special, because the hostess is that herself.
Indeed, I (and every one who sat around her far-prettier-than-Pottery-Barn table) was not disappointed. Rather, sitting in her backyard, under the stars, in the cool crisp Autumn air...with fire crackling behind me, water gurgling from the fountain to the side and a mug of warm apple cider in my hand, I felt as though I was in the midst of an immensely soothing spa treatment. For the heart.

I think it's safe to say we ALL felt pampered and deeply cared for to have been a part of the evening. It is a truly beautiful thing to be a part of the outpouring of the gifts in which one has been given by her Creator. I loved seeing Rachel in her hospitable element, as it is a tangible expression of God's delight in and desire for us to use what we have been purposefully given.

Even though my dear little palm-sized Nikon's ability was no match for the ambiance of the evening, I still couldn't help but take a few pictures to mark the evening and share with you. Take a look at the beauty my friend created...and enjoy the touch of fall dripping from every detail, from the cozy colors to the numerous textures and tastes.






Our hostess: lovely, radiant and generous Rachel.


If you would like to visit her equally beautiful and thoughtful blog, click here
Thank you, my friend, for the treat of a serene, sparkling reprieve in the midst of the daily struggles.

***
COMING THIS MONDAY: The 400th POST GIVEAWAY!
This is turning out to be a giveaway, humble though it be compared to some, that I wish I could enter to win! I cannot wait to reveal the beautiful and desirable items that will be involved, many of which were made by the hands of a few very talented women I am honored to know! Come back real soon to see and participate if your sweet little heart so desires!

Comments

Popular Posts