Response

Note to self: An "online" slumber party is just about as popular to grown up girls as an actual physical one.

{smile}

Even though there were only a few girly tidbits disclosed, the ones that were...were so much fun to read~

Debi...one of these days your going to find something FUN in your mailbox (hopefully a nice diversion from the flyers and other assorted junkmail). Please email me your address!

Erin and Nan...I LOVED yours stories and memories! Erin, since I personally know you and the male involved, it made it all the more funny and wince-worthy all at the same time. Way to go for reciting that funky poem (you probably opted for the scripture memory) clad in red plaid. You are the woman!!!!
Here's the slumber party conversation:

A slumber party is an invitation that's hard to refuse--thank you for the invitation and the fun idea! I can remember playing "The Mystery Date Game" and "Twister" at a slumber party or two. Does any one else remember playing those games?It was always so hard to sleep after all the fun, dares, and stories that were shared! At my slumber parties my mom would make "pigs in a blanket" and we would have homemade cake in a design of our choice and neopolitan ice cream squares among other treats. Great times and special memories!! I look forward to reading other people's reflections.
Best,
Debi



Desires...

Picture it... LCS middle school 1992... girl has crush on very nice boy... unfortunately girl is going through very ugly stay (unruly afro-ish hair, glasses, and fashion identity crisis). One day she decides to leave a secret note for her crush in his locker. She writes, and I quote, "If you like someone in 6th grade, wear blue tomorrow. If you like someone in 7th grade, wear red tomorrow. If you like someone in 8th grade, wear purple tomorrow." The next day was exhilarating for this girl - what color would her crush wear?! However, just before homeroom the next day, she shared her secret with her girlfriends. Bad decision. Her girlfriends ran off to tell what seemed like the entire middle school (all 80 of us). No sooner did Mitch Wissler arrive to make fun of the poor girl. The girl, driven to extremes by such embarassment, grabbed this Wissler boy by the shirt and gave him a good shake or two. The girlfriends reported back that the nice boy knew about this admiring girl for some time but did not reciprocate any feelings. Too bad for her. How embarassing. Days like that you just want to not be noticed. Unfortunately for the girl, it was the same day that she had to stand before the entire middle school and recite her chosen piece for the ACSI speech meet... while dressed in a head to toe black and red plaid outfit (remember fashion identity crisis).
This was one of the most embarassing moments of my teenage life.
~Erin


I just realized that I didn't list what D category my prior comments were under. I guess D for Dreams would fit since I can remember falling asleep and dreaming of who would be my future "Mystery Date" and hoping it would not be a Poindexter type:)

Also, speaking of dreams and dreamy men, I still think John Schneider is handsome! Just recently I watched a "B" sci-fi movie about these supersize alligators just because John Schneider was in it!! He's still got it goin' if you asked me:)

All the best,
Debi


momstheword said...
What a fun idea! I loved slumber parties as a kid! I always had a crush on some boy and wrote his name in my notebook and in my diary.

I remember my early school years with some Drama! My mom loved to curl my hair and I hated it, as some of the kids would tease me. But I didn't want to hurt her feelings by asking her not to curl it. Anyway, my sister in law suggested I come by her house, so I used to drop by my brother's house on my way to school and his wife would fix my hair!

Oh the drama of needing to have your hair "just so!"
~Nan

Comments

Anonymous said…
Alright, let's just get something straightened out here... I did NOT have a crush on Mitch Wissler. At the time (he may developed into a very outstanding gentleman, I don't know) he was way below my standards. I had a crush on another VERY NICE boy and Mitch Wissler came up to me to taunt me about it.

I just had to clear that up. :) And, no, I didn't choose the Scripture verse option. I recited a speech given by President Eisenhower. Class, huh? :)

Erin
Unknown said…
This is Mitch Wissler, just stumbled into this blog. I want to say I love you all. :)
Anonymous said…
You must have very very high standards. :)

Mitch Wissler

Popular Posts