Fashion Plate (or not!)

Mr. Tim Gunn {or an equivalent Fashion Consultant},

I am writing to let you know that this afternoon would be
a most superb time to surprise
this grubby little housewife with an ambush makeover.
You would have countless aspects of my physical appearance to
take and make 100 times more chic, appropriate and style-worthy.


Yet, since I have not been on the forefront of the fashion scene as of late, perhaps the " pasty white, dotted-with-cellulite legs paired with a tad-too-short denim skirt and capped of with smelly pom-pom tassled black slippers" look is the hottest rage since the crisp white shirt met the straight black pencil skirt.


But just in case that look is not on the runways of New York City, as I suspect, here I am. Waiting.

Warmly,

Frump E. Freida

Comments

Marilou said…
HAHAHAHAAAAA.....oh Jeane, of ALL the shots to post of you, you picked quite a doozy! Are you wearing white nylons, by chance? :)We ALL know you are a lovely piece of humanity and that Timothy Gunn would not even know what to do with you! And even if he DID spiff you up a bit, where would you go? really? Oregon Dairy? Walmart? the Brownstown post office? or perhaps the local VFW is having one of their "galas" tonite...
You are a prize, Jeane and I love you dearly, as do your little urchins and that fab hubby of yours!! Aren't you LUCKY? yes, i said it....LUCKY!
Have a great nite!
I will not stand for anyone...anywhere, poking fun at a pair of slippers. Oh, how I love my slippers. Do you know how many of us out there would love to pose for a picture as the one you shared, and have it honestly be our picture??? Really, everytime I see you(well...most times I see you) you look better than Timothy Gunn could create. You are beautiful...inside and out...slippers and all! I did have to smile when I saw your little picture on my sidebar this morning. I said to myself,"do I dare to visit there or not?", since I am still laughing at the episode in the Target store.
Anonymous said…
also have those slippers. however, i did cut the tassle's off.

: )
Anonymous said…
A gala at the VFW!!!!! Why wasn't I invited? Oh, and please don't ruin the name Freida for me, that was going to be the name of my next daughter....wait, that sounded like I was making an announcement, but I am not. See you this afternoon I hope!
Katherine said…
yes, wouldn't it be nice to have someone "fix you up"?? But seriously, unless your NANNY is in tow with your darling little angels while you prance around looking fabulous...not too practical. Who are we kidding? Prada, Chanel, and Jimmy Cho doesn't look as good with spit up, 3 meals, and sticky hand prints on it. I've tried cute high heels to church, but with 3 kids, I prefer not worrying what would happen in slow motion if I tripped while holding a baby, and the hand of 2 kids. :0)
my friend, i have three amazing words for you:


JUNE 12TH 7PM.


you better start finding the perfect outfit is all i can say!!!


xoxo.

Popular Posts