New Day

A new day.

It is exactly what was needed. Last night I went to sleep as something akin to a witch (i could have substituted the first letter of that word, quite easily, and would have kept it accurate) and this morning I woke up feeling much more...whole. And even potentially nice.


This was not yesterday evening, but it could have been. This is my daughter prone to all that is dangerous, messy and difficult. She had not been bathed for 2 days, which for most children would not be as obvious as it is on her. She had taken a tumble down the stairs the day before, which had resulted in a nasty gash above her eye. After a speed run to the Pediatrician, the nurse and CRN glued her up, all to the tune of the nurse and I singing "The Alphabet Song", one of her favorite songs (hardly inspirational, but hey...). They told me to keep water from hitting the wound for about 24 hours. They did not know that this would mean ignoring four meal's worth of her dinner bowl being found ATOP her head (milk, broth and sauce dripping down) the minute I turned my back in clearing off the table. It wasn't pretty.


Her twin brothers are teary in the background, for the "shirtless wonder" has stolen one of their first bowls of oatmeal and vanilla custard. (shirtless because she majorly soiled her shirt during dinner, naturally).


Sigh.

(during a 'cleaner' moment. in the middle of a gum theft operation)

I can quite honestly say that I have never worked so hard in my life as I am right now. It is also realized that I do not work nearly as hard as the woman with 18 children living sheltered by the walls of a flimsy one-room hut in an impovershed ghetto in India. She does not even know to dream of the conveniences I go about my mothering with. This I try to keep in mind when it all seems a tad on the 'much' side.

As for blogging, lately I've been dry. Bone tired and not inspired. This will change, but I thank you for bearing with me until it does. There are a few pieces I'm working on...subjects that will not change the course of the world (darn) but may shed light on the torture of electrolysis and the caution needed for Cholerics (those with an 'in-control' temperment such as my 'friend' has. Ok....or maybe, me). There is also coming a new interview with another incredible woman.

As for this new day, in it's lineup of events is a visit to an Oasis...and at that Oasis I will have the supreme treat of having my hair washed (over and over, please!!!!) and the rather large community of split ends cut off from their source. It's been at least 3-4 months. Yea, really.

This day is looking up already. Hope it is for you too~







Comments

Debbie said…
I just got up and checked my email and blogs. No matter what my day may hold, you've made me feel better already. This is why women my age rarely have children;0
You are invincible. You get that hair cut!!!
Debbie
Unknown said…
Uhhhhgg... we had a rough day yesterday too! My little one reached up to the counter and pulled a bowl of strawberries down on herself. There was sticky red juice all over her and the kitchen. She is spending some time with her Grandma this morning. I am so thankful for Grandmas!
Linda said…
Ah, yes, I remember those days. My youngest son was a most, er, well, enthusiastic eater, shall we say! Thanks for sharing what's really happening. It helps to know how to pray for you!
Anonymous said…
I hope your haircut was relaxing; you deserve that solace and break! You are inspirational, and your accounts of your days always make me smile.

One thought that I learned from a special friend is the mantra: "this too shall pass." It has helped me through many a difficult time, along with lots of prayer:)

All the best,
Debi

Popular Posts