Fluttering Around My Nest: Part 1

(Banner from Cherry's Jubilee...a favorite blog of my mom's!)


I do not have much time to peruse the plethora of dreamy and delectable blogs out there in blogdom, but when able, I am ushered into homes that leave me internally exclaiming things like, "Oh, why didn't I think of that?" or "I wish I were that creative and/or crafty! (and disciplined to start AND finish projects!)" and "I want my home to look like that. Now."

It is fun to get glimpses of the 'nests' other women have created for themselves, and the material and means by which they create it. I consider myself fortunate to be able to stay at home with my little charges and thus I do enjoy the process of making this habitat- in which I spend 99.5% of all my time- asthetically pleasing to me and all of the inhabitants (although at this point, few notice these touches as I do. And that's ok.)


I just thought I would take a few pictures of the little nooks and crannies I've enjoyed 'putzing' around with the last few days...mostly with what I have on hand. Or found in a quick trip to Marshall's clearance aisle. :)


I really was not ready to put away this little Christmas tree perched by the kitchen window throughout the holidays. It occurred to me to keep it up throughout the year and decorate it for each forthcoming season/holiday. So out came the few Valentine decorations!
(As an aside, my husband enjoys poking a little fun how quick I am to tear down Christmas decorations. I can barely wait until New Years Day to do so. I suppose as thrilled as I am to put them up in anticipation of Christmas, when it's all over, it almost seems depressing to see all the merriement reminding me how fast it all went. So down it goes. Usually at Nascar speeds!)


A few little splashes from the past gracing the kitchen counter...
(Thank you, Janelle, for that marvelous tray!)


Fresh. Clean. Vibrant. Vintage.

My kitchen table.


***Corner Counter***

Oh the joy a little rearranging of the various shelves
found in our living room hutch brought to me.
(This beautifully crafted & painted hutch is built in. Luke Wise, the previous owner of our new home, created amazing cabinentry throughout his life here. Thank you, Luke AND Collette (someone had to run the household while he was out in the shop!!).
Placemat found at Marshalls in the Clearance aisle for $3. I thought it added a little depth and color to the end tables.



Hanging on the fridge:
From a beautiful new magazine that my grandma gave me a subscription to (life:beautiful)




I have a few more projects I'm slowing working on: the Master bedroom and a Chalkboard (reinvented from an old Goodwill frame). I'll post those in Part 2, whenever those get done (don't hold your breath)!



I wish you contentedness and peace in whatever little corner you find yourself in.



Thanks for dropping by! (and for those 'new faces', like Joyce and Kim, who have left comments, THANK YOU! Along with the friends of old, hearing from you makes my day!!!)

Comments

Happy@Home said…
I thoroughly enjoyed this glimpse into your cozy, vintage nest. You have done such a nice job composing sweet little vignettes.
It looks like the previous owner was a talented woodworker and now you are benefitting from his talents.
The magazine you mentioned is new to me, but looks like one I would enjoy. I will have to look into a subscription. I am already loving the blue and white table and chairs featured on the front cover on the website.
I look forward to seeing part 2.
Jen said…
Okay, um, so can you come over and decorate my house now??? What an eye you have - I love all your nooks and crannies!!
Miss you dear friend!
Jen said…
By the way, your blog has the weirdest word verifications. I just had to retype "poopwa" & "clukless".
Unknown said…
How pretty you are making your home and you are so creative! It was a breath of fresh air to read your blog today. I am feeling a little overwhelmed and stressed and your blog was just what I needed.
Tracy said…
Hi Jeane',
I've been a blog friend of your Mom's for quite some time, so like others, I feel as though I know you and your sweet family. I've been here visiting a few times and always enjoy your posts. You are obviously quite a special wife, Mom & daughter. = )
Blessings,
Tracy
Sara said…
Beautiful Jeane'....looks lovely...& you find time...that is what is amazing to me. Enjoy your blog...& I too can't wait to see part II.
Happy Thursday!
Anonymous said…
All of your little nooks and crannies look beautiful. You have inspired me to do the same. I like all of your vintage items as well.

Stay warm!
Joyce
What beautiful little nooks you have created all around your home Jeane', could you come and do mine next? I loved getting to see them all! Hope you are all doing well! John and Ray are growing so fast!!! Hope to see you soon! love you, Linds

Popular Posts