Culinary Delights

Hello, friend!

Thank you for dropping by....

I am not bursting with any particular inspiration or certainly much energy this evening, but thought I'd share a few snapshots focused primarily on just a few of our fine culinary preferences, abilities and tastes....just for fun!

"We are so European whilst enjoying an after-nap snack!"
(On the menu: Cut up grapes and Sharp Cheddar Cheese squares. It gives a fair shake to regularity AND constipation!)
"Pleased as (Fruit) Punch!!!"
In a constant effort to do whatever the older 2 do, she is beyond tickled when she is allowed to sip from her first box of fruit juice. This was not the clearest picture I took, but it captures a bit of her pleased-as-punch smirk.
"First Time Corn Huskers"
The little guy was quick to correct his littler sister to "NOT EAT IT!!!". So she tried not to....
....but temptation overtook her yet again...and again.
We took the chore outside where the little guy proudly displayed his 'finished' (albeit still a tad on the hairy side) product...
...and here, found in the 'trash can', was the little sister's corn, still encased in the husk, abruptly discarded due to impatience and disinterest (two vices inherited, unfortunately, from her mother).
Corny close-up
(Boy, was it ever delicious!!!)
Last bit of summer's color in our backyard....
I am so grateful that I have reached the 32-week mark in my twin pregnancy. There are several people I know of who are on a serious journey with their very prematurely born multiples...and God is graciously taking them through that journey, and they are learning of His provisions through it all. Witnessing what they are going through makes it impossible to take for granted the gift of having the twins still within (even though my body is feeling fatigued!). The picture below was taken while the little gal was trying to grab my hand so that she could lead me to her bedtime snack of choice (most likely, the ever-popular banana).
That's all, folks! Enjoy your morning/afternoon/evening! Thanks again for dropping by....

Comments

Linda said…
Oh, my, did the corn husking ever bring back memories. I used to freeze corn and what an assembly line task it was! My 3 sons did not especially relish the wonderful sensory experience of husking corn (wonder why??) So for awhile they would count out ears of corn that equaled their age. Anything they did over that amount, they were paid a quarter! Ah, yes, those were the days!
Becky Schick said…
jeané,
my angela INSISTED that your photos of your littlest was herself! cracked me up. she kept telling me, "ME, mama, ME!" they actually do look similar i think. :o)
Even the days you state that you don't really have anything exciting to share, are fun to read about in my book. The only disappointing aspect of this post, was that it was not longer. Loved it all!

The hammock is waiting for you!
just in case you have forgotten:
I
LOVE
YOU.

we drove by your NEW home last night....oh, it is soooooooooooo adorable!! I CANNOT WAIT to visit you and be your maid for the day! and I'm serious about the maid part....
Jana said…
Boo hoo, we're going to miss you. :( I know you're only moving twenty+ minutes away, but still... Does Dolly know yet?

Thing 1 and Thing 2 from a previous post made me LOL.

Popular Posts