Birthday favorites

(the four children helping me blow out the candles perched atop my all-time favorite dessert: Tiramasu)

Another birthday has come and gone.
How old, you say?
Oh...old enough. My body says 89, but my birth certificate would argue otherwise. :)

***
Here are a few of my favorite things about this year's day:
**Being woken up by the sweetest little 3 year old man, and having him immediately ask to see his daddy, who had fallen asleep on the couch the night before after working hard into the wee hours of the morning. I have a life-partner who I not only respect and love...but our children do too. THAT right there is a gift without price. And if you're reading this and you're lacking that of which I just wrote...know that I do NOT take it for granted!!!


** A delicious and time-consuming gift in form of an absolutely mouthwatering Egg and Bacon Casserole made by the hands of my grandma. She used to make and serve it on special occassions, such vacation at the beach and Christmas morning. It has been quite a while since I sunk my teeth into that heavenly concoction and I told her it's all I wanted for my birthday. So not only did she make it, but also served with it baked cinnamon apples, biscuits and fresh fruit. OH YUM!! It was served around a beautiful, pink and shabby chic kitchen table in which only my talented mother could have set. Unfortunately, I was even more-than-usually exhausted, and I just could not muster the energy to show much enthusiasm nor did I contribute much to anything....I am glad that this too shall pass!

*** A mid-day visit with my dear friend, Janelle, who sacrifically gave up the tranquility of the household naptime hour to put in some round-the-kitchen-table (and hers is particularly cozy) talk with me! Not only that, but she RUBBED MY FEET!!! How many friends can you say would rub your feet. Well, if yours look anything like mine, you would be hard pressed to find an answer (unless you too, were privaleged enough to be friends with this gal). The ONLY complaint I have is that she had the audacity to try and pass off a huge, stuffed, ugly Dora the Explorer doll that her sons had begged for at a local garage sale. She had me excited when she skipped into her 'office' after saying she said "You MUST have this!"...and then she came out with what only could be called an affront to the doll kingdom...and to think she would have thought I would be dumb enough to take it! (Yea, thanks just the same, Janelle. I'll take her when you take the gargantuan stuffed Snuffalupogus we have in our basement!). All this is written with a smile on my face...

***A new camera from my awesome husband! I can actually take more than 20 pictures at a time and subjects of my pictures will not have a casper-like pallor to their skin or be a fuzzy blur. I'm going to be taking pictures, which means more posts! THANK YOU, Sweetheart, if you're reading this.

***Cards that came through my mailbox. I just love non-junk mail, and I waited to sit down until later this evening and savored the opening of every card and every note within. There is just nothing like old fashioned mail...(and I wish I was better at sending them myself).

***Fresh flowers to freshen and cheer up corners of the home...some from my husband, and some from my thoughtful cousin and auntie.

*** A singing message from my life-long friend (who has the most gorgeous voice) AND her sweet little gal and guy joining in.

***The many red ballons and a little white bag found when I walked into my house after being in the next county over all day. The little white bag held in it a card with a very kind message and a trendy bracelet that I can wear even now...as I feel about as 'un-trendy' as they come (THANK YOU, Stephanie, for thinking of me and my wrists!!!). The balloons? My 15 year old step son had inflated them for my arrival home. They were my favorite color, and they entertained the younger children while I settled back in. THANK YOU, Rick!!!

*** A GORGEOUS apron given to me by my loving mom and made by an incredibly talented seamstress aunt of mine. I'll post pictures soon! (It takes 'apronry' to an entirely new level.)

And finally...I am thankful that my current exhausted, tired, horomonal state will be so well worth it and will not last forever...soon!They are coming soon! But not as soon as bedtime, which I will be entering momentarily.
Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Happy...Happy...Happy Birthday.

It looks like you had a WONDERFUL time celebrating with your precious...precious family.

:-)
I would be swelling with pride if I would have created this post. You have a way with words that totally impresses me each time I read words you write. What a fortunate person you are to be loved and cared for by so many.

I love the new blog decor and I am thankful that you were given a new camera. Each time I see your blog updated, I am thrilled.
Wanda said…
Happy Birthday (LATE) to one fantastic prego! Love you, Girl!

Popular Posts