Signs of the Fall....

Happy Friday!




I am not putting up a number of my fall decorations due to our move, but I have a few little touches here and there for my satisfaction and general appeal to those walking through our home soon. I am both sad and glad to move...sad, because as I told one of our neighbors we are particularly close to, "Yes, we're moving closer to my family, but we are also leaving family here." They are not blood relation, but our neighborhood now holds many who are like family to us, and it will be very, very sad to loose that daily connection with them.

We were not eager to move, nor felt we had to, even though to most, raising 6 children in this home would be a tight squeeze. However, we found a home in an super location (for various reasons), more accomodating room, with character and charm (both my husband and I are partial to living in older homes) that needs just a little (very managable) TLC and that has a terrific big old barn and backyard for our children to enjoy. We are grateful. The timetable is interesting, as settlement date is a few days before they will induce me if I do not have these little gizzards beforehand. :)

Oh well....like everything else, God has His hands all over this, and is aware of what is going on and what will be going on....

As you may be able to tell, I am enjoying my new camera...trying it's many options (of which I still only know a few). The picture below was taken after finding my oldest daughter, having pulled up a chair to the kitchen counter, with her mouth full of something....she had a look of guilt all over her face, and I asked her what she had ate. She held her hands up as if to say "I don't know!"....but I found the evidence (see below) within the bowl of my favorite fall candies I had sat out. I could hardly blame her and I had set out the bowl for the general (although adult) population....so I simply moved her, the bowl and gave her a kiss.


Comments

this makes me smile.
i cannot wait to live closer to you....we will keep each other sane!
Terri said…
would you be coming to Lancaster?!?! How lucky for your mom and dad..and your children!!! hang in there!
Becky Schick said…
Hey, Jeané, if there's any way I can help during the move & births, please do let me know. How far will you be from us, now that you'll be closer? So much excitement all at once! Hope you can enjoy it. Great job growing those precious babies.
Vickie said…
It is adoable! She is obviously "girl", delicately removing the chocolate tops for consumption. yum yum!

Popular Posts