The Fruits of our Labor...

***WARNING***
This post contains a number of pictures due to the poster's new camera in which she received from her most thoughtful and generous husband for her birthday. If pictures put you to sleep, refrain from clicking (unless, that is, you need a good day/night sleep!).
My new 'vintage' apron...modeled by me at 30 (almost 31) weeks pregnant. This was made by my Aunt Julie, seamstress extrordanairre. If you're interested in ordering a custom made creation, her email is apronsbyjuliaann@gmail.com. She has always been a resourceful homemaker, one of those women who was seemingly born to be a terrific mom and household manager (although she is 'real' enough to say she has had her moments!). She always knew how to make the best scrambled eggs, with yellow American cheese (I still have yet to make them as good as she has), the most sought-after molasses and snickerdoodle cookies and soups beyond compare. Now that her nest is 'empty', she is channeling her energy into endevours such as this apron business. I am wondering if she sews to Shania Twain, as she cooked to her...if so, it's a proven winning combination! :)
Labor Day Picnic with my family at a park by our new home
(yes! we are moving...I'll save that for another post). My mom completely treated us to everything....the lovely picnic table settings and meal that included a mouthwatering, refreshing strawberries and peaches shortcake. Yummo!! It was actually a relaxing evening for me (thanks to the dinner provisions by someone else and plenty of willing hands and eyes to keep tabs of the children). We stayed out and played 'til dusk...
Rick and friend, Josh, off to explore the creek that borders the park.
Here my father is grilling the boys about the "girl situation" at their High School this year!
(The 3 musketeers off to explore the gloriously toddler-friendly playground)
I had fun playing with the new camera and it's capabilities (yay for action shots!)
This particular Sunday morning found the little guy and my husband worshipping on the Porcelain Throne....and it was a particularly long service, lasting from 9am to 12:40pm. The littlest member was scared of the 'arrival' of the parcel they were waiting...and waiting...and waiting on...
It finally came, as I was preparing a pb&j for the throne-bound prince...and sad to say, I have never been so glad to see a 'bm' as I was at that moment. It was, shall we say, the biggest fruit of his labor this weekend...and he was so proud of it, he refrained from flushing it until his big brother could enjoy a viewing and express appropriate awe. Such is the life with big and little men.
The same late afternoon we spent a whole lot of doing nothing....the children played in their 'house' and just lollygagged (I know. You will not neccessarily find that word in Websters) around. What joy to give children the freedom to do what they do best...play. No schedule, no rushing here, there and everywhere...just being HOME and just 'being'.
This is the free jeep we found on the side of the road that remained lifeless for the past year. This past week his dad had ordered the parts for it and it came to life! It was the hit of the weekend...a fine reward for all the fruits of this little potty trainer's labors. I hope you were able to enjoy the fruits of whatever your labor has been over the past day, weekend, or summer....
Thanks for the visit! You're always welcome at the Coffee Cottage!

Comments

Who but "you" could add interest and fascination to a group of family pictures? Who but you could write so descriptively about hours on the potty, and the long awaited arrival? Who but you could look so pretty in a vintage apron at almost 8 months into your pregnancy? But, you did it and I loved reading it, seeing all of the great pictures from your new camera, and remembering all the fun moments from our picnic.

Happy Labor Day to you!! Why do I hesitate to wish you that?
THANK YOU DEAR HUSBAND OF JEANE FOR THE CAMERA!!!!!!! HER FRIENDS ARE VERY GRATEFUL!!
***you look SO GOOD in that apron**
ajwatson722 said…
These pictures made my day! Loved them. I love those kids. I especially liked the one of the three of them holding hands walking in the park. I'm sure Rick loves that you can catch his athletic abilities on camera!:) What a great mom you are! love you!
Love the pics! Love hearing about the details of your days! What a wonderful mommy you are! Love you and missing you.
Linda said…
What a gorgeous apron! What a gorgeous mom! You look beautiful! I am so glad you had a relaxing day. And could the new house be the one we were talking about??
Jen said…
Thanks for the pictures that capture a sweet & simple life! You are so good at finding the joys in children at play, a beautiful day at the park, and daily life at home. Not boring at all!!! I love it. And wow, you are really popping and yet still look like you're all baby. Even at 31 weeks of a twin pregnancy I am jealous of your slender arms & legs!! :)

Popular Posts