Reality Check


Quite honestly (as I always strive to be), I am weary of all the political ads, the pundits, the polls, and especially the furor and frenzy I hear others are in over making sure the 'right' candidate wins. I was talking with a friend who is discouraged by the frantic, almost fearful way those who follow Christ are reacting towards this election. As I am not involved in many social circles right now, I do not witness it first hand, but I agree it's there. It's an easy place to be, especially when looking at things through a particular lens.


Voting is a privilege that I believe is also an obligation to democracy. I intend to vote my conscience on November 4th and I hope you do are able to do the same.


However..


While there is one candidate I would rather see in the White House than the other, I think it's important to keep in mind that this world is not my home. This may sound weird to some, but I truly believe there is, even now, a reality greater than the one we can see, touch, here and feel in front of us. There is an invisible, but highly active Kingdom that is real, that is secure and that is rooted and revolved around Love. It's secure, I might add, because it's a reality that has no end.


It's eternal. And within it's sphere, everything is gonna be ok.
Even when it's not looking like it in the reality we can see, touch, hear and feel.


And even when our candidate doesn't win. (whoever it may be for you).


For me, this (below) is what I find to be what I need to FOCUS on.
It's the reality that won't change after a new president is sworn in come January...


These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs.


Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.


So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.


-Jesus Christ

Comments

A hardy, heart felt "AMEN"! Thank you for helping keept our perspective where it needs to be at this time in history.

Popular Posts