Around my kitchen table...

This morning I had the great joy of having three of my many cousins sit around my kitchen table for lunch and, more importantly, ADULT conversation!!! They are each such beautiful, accomplished and noble women in their own right...and I loved sitting with them over coffee. The children went down for their naps soon after they arrived in order for us to relish a little uninterrupted conversation (a rare commodity in my world).

Let me give you a little introduction to my fine company today:


Lindsay: Always full of joy (appropriately it is her middle name!), Lins is a true 'sunbeam'. As I recall her mom used to sing a little ditty about being a sunbeam, and low and behold, her daughter is one! Come November (maybe even sooner), she is due with twin daughters! A miracle if ever there was one! I have absolutely no doubt she is perfectly suited to the double task at hand!! I cannot wait to meet these little ladies (but not as much as she & her hubby are, I'm sure).Linds and I grew up together, and I put her through many hours of pretend work and play, as I was the older, bossy cousin. Thankfully, she doesn't hold it against me!


Ally:
She is the fun and lovely wife of my cousin Ragen. She and my sister Ashley went to High School and college together and are dear friends. I told her having her here today reminded me of having Ashley (my sister). She is a 'hot' subsitute teacher (wouldn't you rather have her than Mrs. Snodgrass with warts and glasses?) and also a part time teacher at a local private school. I've heard from my grandma 'what for good cook she is' (my grandma's PA Dutch roots coming through those words!) and I'm about to discover it for myself as she made us delectable looking pumpkin cookies! I loved having you here, Ally (and Kate is sure fortunate to have you for an auntie!)

Jackie: She could beat Martha Stewart in a cooking/creativity contest ANY day! I truly admire my cousin's ability to create through cooking (i am the thankful recipient of her homemade apple pie)and homemaking. She gave a truly thoughtful 'baby' gift to me today when she handed me a card with a gift card to Victoria's Secret. She know what a post-pregnancy woman needs: a little pampering and opportunity to maybe even feel a tiny bit sexy. (but I might opt for something knit just the same!) :). Jackie gave birth to Kate just three weeks before I had Kenzie. She is just precious, as you can see in the picture below!


Gotta run! It feels like 100 degrees in here (i feel like i'm having a hot flash), the children are fussy and dinner is needing to be made.....I typed this posting at the speed of light (almost), so excuse any mistypes!). It was a great middle part of my day. Hopefully the children can forgive the harried morning we had before they got here. Children just KNOW when something is different in their routine...or when I'm on the telephone. It's simply a rule of nature I suppose...but it's all worth it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a fun lunch! Oh to not have been separating middle school boys and trying to teach girls how to hold a football....yes, yes indeed I would've rather been sitting around your beautiful kitchen table with the precious 4 of you. Jeane' your kids are SO cute. :-) And you had people over for lunch- just amazing.
In some ways, it seems like only yesterday that the mothers of your cousins and myself, were sitting around our kitchen table holding all of you as babies. What happened? Where did time go? What a joy and real privilege to see all of you together and your children. It blessed my heart more than you could know. You are all beautiful!!
Unknown said…
Whooo Hooo! I made it into the Coffee Cottage blog! Jeane, lunch today was so very special! You have no idea what a blessing it was to me to enjoy conversation and coffee at your table! Thank You!!
adult conversation = happiness!!

TOUR OF YOUR NEW KITCHEN = exceeding joy from this little office of mine.

Popular Posts