Imagination


Hello, my friend! Welcome to my little cottage, where again you will find another child-centered posting. I'm working on developing postings with other material, but as this is my full time and all consuming job right now, my material is rather child-centric.

So, if you'd like a detailed commentary on the presidential race and it's implications or a clear explanation of what's happening on Wall Street...I'd suggest getting on the blogosphere freeway and looking elsewhere!

*****

Today I am sharing a few pictures depicting imagination and play amongst the troops. Granted, their little attention spans are about as long their pinky fingers...but I still try.

This morning it was a tent, comprised of two little tables (one card table, one children's sized table) and one large quilt. For extra appeal, I added their Little Tykes kitchen and a few Nilla Wafers on a plate. Of course, this immediately drew Annie right in. You will note in the second picture that her mouth is packed max capacity with them. She has to tuck in her lower lip in order to contain the contents. Often, they overflow onto the carpet (or, like this morning, onto Kenzie's hair in an attempted kiss, creating a lovely matted hair mess)




In the following pictures you will note that my son has found two pairs of his elder brother's underwear while scouring the wash that I was folding on the couch. One leg of one pair is over his head. In the second pair, both of his legs are in one of underwear legs, leaving the other leg hole dangling on the front. He was quite pleased with the look, and sported it until bedtime. I figured 'at least he's wearing boys underwear!' I used to catch him with mine over his head, which slightly disturbed me.

It's 4:39pm and I still have not washed my hair or done my makeup. It's been one of those days. Plus we have a large yard sale on Saturday, so I have been gathering 'stuff' that has been collecting dust for too long around here.

I am a sight. I'm hoping Curt's cataract is keeping him from seeing me too clearly. And I am avoiding mirrors.

Finally, if you would like a peek into the frolicking of Annie & Christopher, feel free to take a peek at the video below. Usually they are pretty tuckered out and ready for their afternoon naps. But then once and a while, they get themselves hysterical with laughter and mayhem. Today was one of those days....(you will notice that as soon as Christopher sees the crack in the door-IE: me- things get quiet. Fast.)



Comments

Oh, Jeane', It seems like only yesterday that I was tucking you into your crib for your afternoon nap. Only yesterday when you would say, "Oh, yes dear mother of mine...of course I will lay down and go right to sleep". How totally unnatural of your children to play and bang on the blinds. You poor thing! What I wonder, is how you kept from laughing during that taping...or was it just me that was sitting here laughing out loud??? You seem like you would be such a fun kind of mom to have, even during a delayed nap time.
Aimee said…
Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a comment Jeane! Your kids are adorable and it looks like they keep your life very busy! Have a great day!
ok, i'm cracking up because of pause between "don't bang on the.........blinds" oh my word,i was laughing so hard because that's such a typical Mom moment. i use to HATE when my Mom would take forever to figure out what she was saying or worse yet, wouldn't finish her sentence at all...now, guess who does it all the time?? it's craziness. i'll tell you another crazy thing, THAT I HAVEN'T HELD YOUR SWEET BABY GIRL YET!!!!
Jeane` said…
Janelle...You reminded me that I meant to include a comment about the long pause as my brain could not locate the word "blinds" for the life of me! Honestly! It's really happening to me...I can't believe it either! :)
I have been thinking of you all week...have a card waiting to be mailed, but haven't got to the post office for more stamps! How pitiful is that! (Much more so than you delaying your visit to hold my baby, as you are working overtime in making yours!) :)
Love,
Jeane`
Deva said…
How fun for Annie to have her big brother entertain her and make her laugh. I caught myself trying to help you say "blinds", I knew where you were trying to go. Here's something to look forward to, the mind blanks and stuttering only get worse! After children your mind and body are never the same.

Popular Posts