A Refinished Monstrosity (aka Wall Unit)

 Several weeks ago, my beautiful second-cousin (wife and mom of four---living a very "full" life!), wrote this:

"Here are the pictures of the monstrosity I bought at the yard sale. Currently, all that I see is WOOD, I'm just not sure where to start with painting. Some days I just want to go buy a 5 gallon bucket of white paint and paint all the dark wood white.... but, then I wonder if I would regret it, because there would really be no turning back. I have searched all my favorite blogs and decor mags... and would you believe it, not one person owns an outdated wall unit... hum, go figure:). So, I have no inspiration pictures to copy."


...But now, thanks to YOU, Stephanie Marie, WE do!!!




She will probably fuss that I am doing this, because they are not completely finished and, as she wrote in today's emailed "reveal"
"I wanted the bookshelves decorated so I just ran around the house today and put stuff on them. They look very "busy" to me right now..."

To me, they look perfect. Perfectly amazing!
And all this from a woman who has always said she does not "have an eye for decorating".
I had to share these pictures in the case a reader stumbles upon this who is living with a 'tired' wall unit and are at a loss as to how to give it new life.
Be inspired!




If you would like a chance at being showered with beautiful gifts, visit my dear friend's 600th Post Commemoration at Three Men and Their Ladies!
and commemorate favorite Christmas memories from years past with her other readers...

Thank you for stopping by!

Comments

Popular Posts