Wiser Words Than Mine

I have absolutely nothing to say right now.
I published a post last night that I deleted because I really was not inspired to write
but I wrote anyway and it was pathetic. I plopped down on the couch to watch Parenthood, and announced to my husband that I was going to delete the post I had just composed. He quickly got it up on his laptop to read before it left this world...and as he is reading his comment is 'What a thing of beauty...' (which, with the tone he said it meant 'oh, no, no, no' and then he said 'Do you think people really want to know about your time of the month?'. Thus, it was deleted and you have been spared).
There are some things better left unwritten. Even I know that, but am not always wise enough to adhere.

And so, knee-deep in writer's block, I will share words written by far wiser than I...a collection of quotes that have especially jumped off the screen where I read them.
I hope they encourage your heart, at whatever high, low or in between it might find itself on this cold, winter morn!




"Leave it to me, child; leave it to Me. Dearer they garden to Me than thee. Lift up thy heart, child; lift up thine eyes; nought can defeat Me, nought can surprise. Leave it to me, child; leave it to Me. Let slip the burden too heavy for thee; That which I will, My Hand shall perform- Fair are the lilies that weather the storm."
 -Amy Carmichael




“The best way to deal with slander is to pray about it: God will either remove it, or remove the sting from it. Our own attempts at clearing ourselves are usually failures.”
 (Spurgeon)



"A search of the Bible turns up one rather surprising truth: there are no exemplary families. Not a single family is portrayed in such a way as to evoke admiration in us."
 - Eugene Peterson (through b. Griffin)




 "When everything seems bad, it isn't. When everything seems good, it isn't. When God seems absent, He's present!"

-Charles Swindoll



Comments

Kimberly said…
I can certainly relate! I enjoyed today's post ... lovely pics & beautiful quotes ... have a great day. You've made me smile!
You shared some real inspiration for me today, and I did need to read it. Thank you!
Anonymous said…
I wouldn't mind hearing your comical "time of the month" posting.
it would make my day!


lovely post!
thanks for the thought & inspiration.
the best of writers or the most blocked of writers.

i agree with Kara though.... ;)

Popular Posts