Mr. Bear

Since this blog serves as a quasi baby book for all of my children (to be eventually printed and shared among the lot of them), I am sharing a very daily part of our morning tradition.


Meet "Mr. Bear"


He has his own voice, and every morning we knock on his cupboard door to listen for it.
Sometimes Mr. Bear is laying down, still slumbering. Other times, he's going pee or poop (a guaranteed round of raucous laughter always follows at that announcement. I'm sanguine. I'll do anything for a laugh, even from my children).

When he emerges, he has a kiss for each of the children.



It may seem a little strange, but everyone loves Mr. Bear.
He's part of the family.



Perhaps this fanciful, odd little excursion into the imaginary world of talking kitchen appliances stems from my childhood love of Sesame Street's Teeny Little Super Guy (pops right up before your eye! He's no bigger than your nose! "Snap your finger, Here I go!". Sorry. Couldn't help myself. And THAT was based on sheer memory...obviously he left an impact.).




We buy the plain jane version of Cheerios. Mr. Bear kindly sweetens the deal.


Recently, after the female proprietor of the home cleaned out her spice cabinet for the first time after a year of living in this house, she stumbled upon the original Mr. Bear (from the old house). He's a bit disfigured and lopsided after bearly surviving an escapade in the dishwasher, but we filled him with honey (at the children's request) and made a startling discovery, as it's been determined that he is really a she...Mrs. Bear!

And this morning, my son asked her if she's going to have a baby.


I told him God had not yet given Mr. and Mrs. Bear any children (this is sounding ever stranger as I write, but it is what we do). It may not be His plan for them. It may be.
Either way, though, they are useful and important vessels of sweetness that add to the lives of five little honey-loving hearts.

The End.


Comments

Marilou said…
Well, I have a Mr.Clown Cinnamon Sugar Man in MY cupboard. I'm thinking that perhaps we should maybe set them both behind closed doors some night and let nature take its course. Just a thought! :)
Now I understand why they expressed so much disappointment the other morning when they saw I had a plain jar of honey in my cupboard. They were quick to tell me that they have a bear honey at their house. I just did not understand the background and the importance of their bear friend:) Cute story! Must be fun to live at your house.
Marian said…
Thanks for the chuckle this morning! You are a great mom!
Debbie said…
Jeane, I think your mom just passed me on the condiment aisle headed toward the honey assortment. Mumbling something about.....a bear.
;)
Terri said…
haha...great story! I feel the need to investigate the honey aisle for a tiny little version of Mr. and Mrs. Bear...I'm quite sure God has in His plans to multiply their family...
oh my word, i forgot about teeny little super guy....i use to LOVE that part of S.S. thank you for the memory.

and for the laugh....as usual!!!! i am picturing you knocking on the door and coming up with some grand story as to their *BEARABOUTS*.....

Popular Posts