Snow Angels


God always hears.

And sometimes, He answers in unexpected ways.

Like when I received a call on Monday morning from a thoughtful young woman who normally nannies four children, but who happened to have off this week and wondered if she could come and give me a hand with my crew on Wednesday.

Are you serious?
Let me think about it.
{nano-second}
YES, please!!!!


She gave MORE than a hand to me and the children...she made our foray into the freshly snow covered backyard landscape SO much more fun (and far easier for me)!



She not only brought herself, but her sister (and her sister's adorable daughter) AND
piping fresh hot coffee straight from a coffee house!
How often does THAT happen on a Wednesday morning?
(Um, never!).



This  darling little girl is just a few years younger than her mama was when I first met her.
My sister and her mama were close friends all through elementary, middle and high school.



The 'Snow Angels' God brought to me during a particularly grueling week in daily mothering. Seriously, you both truly were sparkling definitions of the word 'Godsend'.
Thank you, thank you, thank you!



I love how snow highlights all the colors of land and sky.


Oh, the taste of snow...it's so refreshing! Makes ones lips turn cherry red.



Bundled up and stuffed in a swing. It's hard only being one year old, and part of a pair, with a mom who could find nary one full body snowsuit, let alone two.
So there they sat. For five minutes. Until it got too cold for their comfort.












Isn't He wonderful, to send us this snow?
To cover all flawed things in white halo?
Branches join branches bowing low in still song,
A sound is not heard but His prescence is strong.
Not just in fearful thunder does He hold sway
...For He longs to enchant us, so He sends snow our way.
~Carol Young



Comments

Anonymous said…
what an amazing blessing:)
-liz y.
Those are some great snow angels! Wow, you got a lot of snow!
clarita said…
What a beautiful surprise gift!! That is so so wonderful! And what gorgeous gorgeous snow!!!
Jeane' what beautiful pictures you captured! The one with the red barn is my favorite! What a SPECIAL GIFT TO YOU this day was!!!!

I miss you.

p.s. love this song. i know it by heart and can STILL sing every word!! oh dear!
Anonymous said…
Like you my youngest were twins (girls) and there were days when I didn't know how I would make through another day. What I wouldn't have given for a couple of snow angels when my 5 were young.
Anonymous said…
somedays i don't know how i will survive (just with two young one) and so i can't begin to imagine what your days can look like, with so many more. what a blessing it is to have the added help. enjoy those moments!

blessings to you & yours.
(i just thought of you randomly the other day and how we nearly moved in together. do you remember that? we didn't hardly know one another, but hit it off fairly well. what fun/trouble we could've had! that seems like years ago. maybe the next move we make together will be to a retirement home. doesn't seem to far off some days!)
Miss Debbie said…
Hi! I have been reading your mom's blog since I entered blogland last March.So, I already knew a little about you and your precious family. Enjoyed visiting here today.Your snow pictures are beautiful. I loved the poem at the end of your post..a great thought!You certainly have your hands full..I'm so grateful that you have kind and thoughtful friends. I read in a Beth Moore study of the fruits of the spirit that the definition of kindness is "being willing to help". So, I think kind is the right word for those two snow angels! :-)
And this is what's meant by "angel's unawares"! God provides what we need, when we need it; bless His name forever.
What a blessing and great pictures....Your song was just what I needed to hear tonight....

Popular Posts