Sentimental Journey


Doris Day took the world on a "Sentimental Journey" by song in the 1950's, and on Sunday, my mom took me on one by the gift she gave me!




When I was a little girl, you might say I violated Child Labor Laws by the hours spent 'employed' by my Grandma Martin, licking what seemed like an endless bag of S & H Green Stamps, sticking them on to row upon row of newspaper-like paper books. There I sat, in my 'office' (my little white desk,which I asked to be tucked into my closet), wondering what I would pick out as a prize. You see, all my labor of licking was not in vain. No, my Grandma was a fair and just lady. She would take me along to the S & H Green Stamp store, where I could redeem a book or two. The anticipation of that is what made the dry tongue worth it all. (I always eyed those post office ladies with envy, as they had those nifty little round wet sponges in jars to moisten their stamps with. The efficiency I would have had if only my mother would have had even just one on hand!). In the end, I enjoyed that pink and silver AM/FM radio alarm clock for years, thanks to my Green-Stamping career.


Thus, when my ever thoughtful mom handed me my first present to open this Christmas, I was quickly transported to a much simpler time in my life, when the biggest hurdle of my week was licking my way through that enormous pile of green stamps (i can still taste it!!!).

And for my sharing pleasure, here is a teeny little corner of my kitchen that I arrange a few of my favorite little trinkets I was given for Christmas....



And finally...Auntie Ashley, I think it's safe to say the boots were a GREAT choice!!! Even in his little sick (and pantless) state, he found wearing cowboys boots is far better than not. Besides, when his daddy is working, he's the man of the house. Might as well dress the part!

Happy New Year, my friend!!!

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.

-Phillipians 4:16

Comments

Christopher looks like he's growing a "tail" on his hair, you know, the kind that most of the kids in kirkwood have? (no offense if you live in or near kirkwood or the buck!)

Popular Posts