The Sweetest Days

He heard my loud sniffle, even as he slipped into the semi-comotose state he lapses into every night just before falling into a deep sleep (in which, he claims, is impossible to hear wimpering children).



"What's wrong?", he perceptably asks, casting a tired glance over in my direction.



"I just don't want it to end!"(sniff, sniff, swallow)



"Want what to end?"



"This sweet time in life. I just don't want any of us to ever die."



{A tired, amused smile appears on the face of my husband to my right}



"Well, dear....I'm glad to hear the hormones are working as they should. Sleep tight. I love you."



And off he went to sleep...as did his hormonally-charged, nearly 9 month pregnant wife.



I am entering the homestretch of this pregnancy, and as should be expected, I am feeling it! (So is my family!!). There is no way (that i know of) to prepare a freshly turned 1 and 2 year old for a new sibling, so I have not really tried.




I take that back. I did say to Christopher the other day that "there is a baby in there", pointing the protruding belly that prevents him from leaning up against me while on my lap. He had a look of consternation on his face, as he started trying to peel back the layers of my shirt, tank top and bra (i know, poor guy) to see if what I was saying was really true.




Forget that! We'll just make introductions when he or she decides to come into our world.





Hormonal or not, these days, while busy with 'babyness', are simply sweet and I am just so very, very, very grateful for the gifts of life, health and all the "little" things like running water, food on the table, slobbery baby kisses, local carnivals, the moments when little siblings love on each other, watching the father of our children enjoying them, daily chats (or lollipop breaks) with neighbors, a rare & special visit from my BFF of many years, Sarah and her two precious children... for a photographed description, keep clicking below!







Happy Monday...


Your hormonal, very pregnant friend at the Coffee Cottage. :)

Comments

Jeane', You are hormonal, you are very pregnant, but you are also beautiful!! Thank you for sharing your heart. Thank you for being real! Your posting depicted life just as it is at this waiting time in your life. I love you and I am waiting with you for this precious little arrival. mom
Anonymous said…
Awww, Jeane'...God Bless You

Barb
Anonymous said…
Jeane'! I am so glad to know that someone else's hormones are making them teary-eyed over silly things! (My husband will appreciate Curt's perspective as well!) Thanks so much for your note the other day! It really lifted my spirits! With love, your fellow-third-trimester-cousin, Jackie

Popular Posts