Newborn Prep 101


This is a course I am currently offering out of our home. The only requirements are 1.) You must be one of my offspring and 2.) You must be age 2 or under. As of this morning, we have 2 dolls and each is equipped with a bottle and a nuk, and a blanket. Our lesson plan includes how to handle and touch a baby (NO hitting! This is currently a popular form of 'affection' amongst my students, and they must be re-taught that this is not a preferred way to show love and care). We also are reviewing various safety methods, such as not throwing toys at he or she, even if one thinks one is sharing by doing so.

This is the only way I could think of to even remotely prepare my two little people for the near-future (Oh, please God, let it be near!!!) event in which a new, even littler (i know that is not a word) person will be joining our world. They look at me like I have 5 heads when I tell them that there is a 'baby in there' (pointing to my belly)....which is a look I might as well get used to anyway. I know I gave it to my dear mother, and now...it's my turn (and mom's past prayers are only now being answered!).


The art of feeding and holding a newborn: Mastered by the ever-capable Annie


Comments

ajwatson722 said…
haha...love it! So precious! Annie looks as though she is taking this pretty seriously. I can't wait until the new one is actually here!!!
Jen said…
Oh Jeane` - What a great idea! I hope it translates once the little one is here. Even if it doesn't, it will soon enough. I cannot wait to find out what you are having and meet him/her! I think of you so often and hope that this bambino comes soon for the sake of how weary your body must be! You are my hero. Love you~ Jen
great idea Jeane, the energy you put into them WILL come back someday....and hopefully SOON! i am thinking of you daily! i love you and please call if you need ANYTHING....I will drive to you and do whatever you need....within reason! :-)
Dana said…
Hi Jeane, hope you don't mind me snooping in on your blog via Janelle's sight but this post made me laugh!! If only I would have started home schooling my son this way before my daughter was born!! What a great idea!! If there's ever a number 3 for me I give this a whirl!!

Popular Posts