Out of the House & A Wild Woman!!!



Good Morning, my friend...


Last night I enjoyed my first "Wednesday Night Your OUT of the House" night. After independently (but very clearly) seeing the need for me to have a 'baby-free' time I can consistantly look forward to each week, he announced several weeks ago that Wednesdays he wants me out of the house, even if i just sit out in the Jeep and listen to music. (I realize that I am quite fortunate that my husband recognizes and insists on this).


Last night I painted the town red! Let me tell you, I am a WILD WOMAN! I slipped into my good pair of ever-tightening jeans, roomy but chic purple shirt and silver dangle earrings and slipped into the blue bullet (our Jeep) and drove myself to the big city of New Holland, my childhood hometown. I had a dinner date with a dear lady named Janet...my wonderful Grandma Martin! (pictured below). She prays so faithfully for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. She is also a living example of loving your spouse through sickness and health, as she faithfully took care of my grandpa through many, many 'quiet' and lonely months & years until he finally went to Heaven, where he is healthy & whole. She has kept going, involved in many lives and one the greatest Scrabble players to walk the face of the earth. If you think you are good, play her. :)




I had a gift certificate to my favorite food spots (Squireside) in my favorite town in all the world, and I was so honored to be joined by one of my favorite Grandma's ( I have two favorites of those!). I ate my favorite "Fajita Pita" (which I've ordered every time I've been there for the past 8 years straight) and enjoyed NOT cutting up anyone else's food and enjoying catching up with a wonderful lady. Afterwards, I made a quick stop by the ever chic boutique (or one might call it a grocery store), Yoder's Country Market. This store, like the town itself, as changed...and yet, it is still the same. There is a sense of genuine sense of 'homecoming' for me in driving through this town, as if an actual part of myself is found there. Just like meatloaf and macaroni and cheese, New Holland is a 'comfort food' of my life. I was thankful for that time (thank you, sweetheart!).


I then came home to a quiet home, with babies in bed and watched the remainder of my indulgence, American Idol (and was even awake enough to watch Super Nanny, a show I rarely watch, but find fascinating.)


One notes of very little significance: To those of you who were alarmed that I wouldn't know how to apply bronzer based on my last entry, worry not! I am slightly prone to exaggeration and thus i wasn't quite as brassy as I may have made myself sound! (But thank you, anyway, mom for quickly reviewing proper bronzer application! :)


My son is sitting here next to me, positively HOARDING his collection of "lightly" iced animal crackers...sticking 3 in his mouth at a time and simultaneously, grabbing in the bag for 3 more. He is literally foaming at the mouth with animal cracker residue. Lovely. Soon it will be all over the couch. I'm signing off...

Have a good-no, GREAT-one!

Comments

Popular Posts