Never Before Seen Footage....

A few weeks ago, a status on Facebook from a friend detailing an offer for anyone wanting photo sessions during certain dates for September caught my eye. This woman is a mama of many and I loved the pictures she took of her own children, thus I suspected I found a pretty good match for the creator of our first ever 'formal' family portrait. I was wrong.


She was the PERFECT match.

She did not try to get the children to do anything, but be themselves. She was relaxed, engaging, quick and competant beyond words. Just click on her name and you can "meet" Shar Halverson (pronounced "Share"). {If you are local and would like more information, feel free to email her at benhalvorsen@aol.com}.


This busy mama has four beautiful children, and their family is in the {grueling} process of adopting their fifth child....a precious little girl from Ethiopia. Shar is creatively and resourcefully using the amazing vats of God-given talent to earn the money needed to bring their baby girl into their warm and loving home and family.


I just have to share a few of these with you, because they truly capture the individual little personalities of our children. I also want you to know three things: 1.) gratefully, she gave me a few moments to remove the curlers from my head before she started snapping 2.) I am saving the entire family photographs for Christmas cards and 3.) most importantly, this never-before-seen footage of our family could NOT have happened without the assistance of my younger sister, Kimberly Anne. She came over earlier in the afternoon and helped with baths, hair styling and the putting on (and subsequent meltdown) of tights and shoes. Not only that, but she has the ability to sing all their favorite show theme songs with an animated flair. {She is available for parties, photo shoots and bar mitzvahs for a small monetary donation...or in last night's case, a big hug and heart-felt "THANK YOU!!!!"}.



Please excuse the volume of pictures, but even this number showed restraint on my part.

It's not because I think my children are all so adorable (which I do. Of course I do. I am their mother. It's a requirement.), but because I want to expose the sheer picture-taking genius of my new and talented friend, Shar...


















































Thank you for spending some time with us at the Coffee Cottage!!



Comments

Beautiful, just beautiful! We are getting family pictures taken tomorrow, so this was especially interesting to me today! And we have a big golden that looks just like yours! :-) The pictures are fantastic and well done.
Kelli said…
Great pictures of a very cute family!!
Anonymous said…
breathtakingly beautiful! so much love and real joy!
you and your family are always in my prayers. thank you for your open and realness on the coffee cottage. you Jeane are such a blessing to me,
christina p.
Becky A. Schick said…
LOVE these!!! thanks so much for sharing!!! the tractor shot is one of my favorites.
Lisa said…
I love them all, but especially the black and white of the twins towards the end and the 2 of Christopher, Annie and Kenzie that are back to back. The perfection of their faces is captured beautifully. Did you include your photographer's information other than her name anywhere? I'm so glad it turned out more wonderful than you could imagine!
Jeane` said…
Thank you, thank you my friends!!! I am so happy you could enjoy them along with me. I am so grateful for someone who has such a gift to capture the sweetest faces in my life. Lisa, I just added Shar's email to the posting, as that was her preferred form of contacting..and I also had linked her blog to her name (so by clicking on it, it would take you right there). Again, thank you for your very kind comments....
Anonymous said…
Hello Jeane,

Awesome pictures!! You did find the perfect match:) I love them all, especially the first one of your daughter and the black and white of you and your hubby--pure magic:)

Best,
Debi in MN
Jen said…
Oh my word - these are so beautiful and capture your sweet family perfectly!!! Okay, and that black and white one of you....seriously, I would enlarge that to poster size and give one to everyone I know. Or at least make my husband tape it to the inside roof of his car. STUNNING!!!
Jena said…
shoot! I wish I had know about that!
Connie said…
Absolutely Adoreable!!!
Jana said…
The pictures are wonderful! Such a photogenic crew.

Popular Posts