Autumn PotPourri

I am still here. Blogging has been secondary to surviving (and a little bit of living tucked in there too!). When I have finally sat down to blog in the last few days, my brain becomes suddenly as white and blank as a clean dry erase board. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.


Today
there is not much more than that either. I would like to, however, offer up a little 'Autumn Potpourri' of sorts...a mix of images from memories made in the past two weeks of September. It is a {much needed} rainy Sunday, and I have Christmas Jazz playing, not because I want to rush the season, but because it adds to the coziness of the cinnamon spice candle and simply takes me to a happy place.
And so here we go:


This picture was taken during one of our loooonnnngggg afternoon drives we took last weekend while visiting my lifelong, treasured friend (and her family) in upstate New York. These long afternoon drives served two purposes: a.) gorgeous scenery enjoyed by my husband and I, but mostly b.) a chance to constrain the children and allow them their afternoon naps.
This is the shoebox {cabin} we stayed in.
One teensy bedroom.
Two pack n plays.
Three long nights.


There is someone (and her family), who made the trip utterly worth our while. She has been a friend since birth (yes, we made a pact shortly after emerging from our mother's wombs, that's how tight we are) and even though I rarely get to see her beautiful face, when those rare opportunities surface, it's like we never left...she's that kind of friend. {I hope you have one of those yourself!}. I do not write this to flatter, but truly...Annie is exceptional. She just wrote a magnificent piece on her choice to Home school...you can read it here. I myself do not plan to Home school at this point. If I tried next year, I'm pretty sure I would go insane. I'm not kidding. She writes not to promote Homeschooling, but to promote GRACE in whatever you're decision in educating your child is. Love it. Rather, I agree with it, and love her!


I have always held in her such high (but reachable!) esteem, that it only seemed right to name my first daughter after her.

I only wish the eldest, Rick, would be here to complete the picture below. I also recognize that he probably is quite relieved he wasn't having to spend the weekend in our teensy shoebox with us! {No sleeping in was remotely possible.}


We had a little birthday occur last week...2 years old and ready to take all and any risks (but still has a soft spot for her 'babies').


This unbelievable basket was handmade and hand delivered to my front door the day of my birthday. It was IN CRED IBLE!!!!!

The lovely lass on the left is the one who created it. Her name is Carrie.
The lady on the right is Amy. Both are incredible warriors and warm hearted women...
both have faced tremendous mountains and climbed them with grace.
I hope to be more like them.




The ladies and their families joined us for dinner last night.
I wanted to make it a little special and decided to forgo the typical paper plate and unlit candle table scape and do it up a little.




And here I am, back to another reason why life has not been conducive to blogging lately: Nap time was cut short. On a rainy day, of all days! They usually are fooled by the darkness lent by overcast skies. Today, they wisened up and I am out of luck.

In any event, thank you for dropping by...and allowing me to share just a sampling of Autumn highlights.




So long for now!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello Jeane,

Love the autumn tablescape:) Fall is my favorite time of the year, so I too love the colors of the leaves changing, and all the great smells that come with fall. A little package left MN and is on its way to your home. It is just a little something, but I hope you will like it:)

Thanks for sharing your autumn potpourri:)

Hugs,
Debi in MN
Sister...I don't know how you do it! I look at the picture with all those lovely children and I get tired...LOL! I love the photo of your hubby walking across the street with the kiddos!
Sarah said…
Jeane,
I ADORE that picture of you and Annie laughing. FanTASTIC.
You two are just so beautiful.
Grace Remembers said…
What a lovely home you have. It was an honor to be able to set foot into a place where the sense of family and childhood wonderment comes through in such a tangible way. The meal was wonderful and just melted in our mouths! Loved the delicate table decor. (...although Sparky may have wondered why the corn had to be so "little") The homemade spice bread was such an unexpected and yummy take home treat. You are blessed Jeane'...with family, friends, and the ability to make those around you feel welcomed. Thank you!
Sylvia said…
You're always saying there are women you hope to be more like. Well, I hope to be more like you. :) You're one of the sweetest people I know.

Popular Posts