Ideas

If I were in charge:

*McDonald's {and all other participating fast-food establishments} would not have their play land exposed for all to see as their driving by, again and again, driver holding her breath hoping that her passenger's do not catch a glimpse of what they, yet again, cannot play on.

*Chuck E. Cheese would adopt a similar building style as the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses....no windows, no signs, no nothing to indicate what is going on within.

*Cable companies would offer "Choose your Channel" option, in which parents can choose any number (even if it only be 3) of channels from their entire listing, customizable to what the family's particular 'needs' are during any given billing period. Each channel would only incur a small fee, making such a package affordable and efficient.

*Tom Toms (GPS thingamajigers) would have an "Rugged Male Australian" voice option. And  an 'add on' would be him telling me how to prepare dinner, and how great I look doing it (good thing these devices can't 'see'!!!).

* Mister Roger's would still be on PBS

*Car seats would come in  Plexiglas cubicles, prohibiting fellow passengers from hitting, biting, stealing and the pulling of hair.

*Nuks (nuns, passies, blinkies) would come with solar powered lights for easy location when weary mom is laying prostrate on the floor, under the crying-in-the-wee-hours-of-the-morning infant's crib, blindly clawing at the dark corners for desired plastic.

* Light blocking curtains would come with adhesive sides and buttons down the center, to ensure no sliver of light coming through.

*That there was some type of organic, non-addictive sleeping 'enchancement' for babies/toddlers. Just to be used once (or twice) a month on the desired Saturday or Sunday of parents who just desire to sleep past 7AM. I realize that the temptation to use it more often would be there, but if they kept quantities small and prices up, that might help dissolve the desire to buy large portions. {"Might" being key word here}.

There have been plenty other ideas that have flitted through my head. These are a few. I also kick myself for not inventing Silly Bandz. How hard would have that been????

...But seriously,

I know of four admirable women ("4-More") who came up with a
LIFE IMPACTING IDEA
They  are working hard to not only highlight the plight of orphan's in Rwanda, but all over the world, who have to walk AT LEAST one mile daily to obtain even the poorest quality water (and then one mile back, of course). Living large here in the states, it is too easy to forget how good my children and I have it...baths, the easy filling of sippy cups, playing in the sprinkler, fun bath times filled with plenty of warm water.
We are minority.

Next Saturday I hope to participate with two or three of the eldest children at
4-More's WALK for WATER (click  for video).
My children's eyes are not too young to be opened.

I share all this with you, just to remind you as they have reminded me that there is a WHOLE LOT MORE than what is physically in front of me. It can be so easy to loose perspective during the daily grind.
If you would like, take a look at their website here.


***

I am of a Sanguine personality (meaning many things, one of which...
I have an unusually large capacity for curiosity)...

What has been one of your BEST ideas?
Serious or silly, I don't care.
Do indulge, if you dare!

Comments

Laurel Greer said…
thank you thank you thank you for your voice for His precious children. I continue to learn so much for children who have so little. So much about contentment, thankfulness, and delight in life...no matter what. I can't wait to see you Jeane'!
Alanna said…
thank you for your thoughtful words and support, Jeane'! we are so excited to see you on Saturday. can't wait to meet some of your little ones!!
Debbie said…
The car manufacturer that finally invents the car with plexiglass (or stainless steel) cubicals to contain single adolescents will certainly get voted "car of the year"! "She's looking out my window"; "he's touching me";
Yea, sounds familiar!
You are still the funniest woman on the web Jeane!
Sarah said…
My husband and I have often discussed the idea of being able to order separate cable channels. As of right now, we don't have TV at all and simply choose to watch some shows on Hulu when we want to and have the time. But I would LOVE to be able to pick and choose TV stations like that!
I will not be able to participate in that walk (although I did check to see if I could), but...would you be interested in receiving sponsor money?

Popular Posts